WDWMagic has posted a dining review of Todd English's bluezoo restaurant, located at the Dolphin, as part of Orlando's Magical Dining Month...
http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/todd-englishs-bluezoo/news/18sep2015-review---todd-englishs-bluezoo-at-the-walt-disney-world-dolphin.htm

Some excerpts...

September is Orlando’s Magical Dining month, with over 70 restaurants taking part in a prix fixe menu offering priced at just $33.

bluezoo is categorized as a Walt Disney World signature restaurant, which puts it in the same category as favorites such as California Grill, Yachtsman Steakhouse and Le Cellier. Although it is on Disney property, is isn’t on the Disney Dining Plan, nor is it operated by Disney. You can however make reservations via the Disney World website and My Disney Experience apps, as well as via Open Table.

The Food
Magic Dining month is all about a three course menu for a fixed price. Some of the offerings are from the regular bluezoo menu, and others are created specially for this month. You can see the full menus here.

Up first was a complimentary fresh-baked bread basket, which was rather fantastic. There are three breads, a ciabatta, an onion bread, and a crispy flat bread - with an accompanying butter. Certainly one of our favorite breadbaskets across all Walt Disney World restaurants.

Todd-Englishs-bluezoo_Full_25233.jpg?wid
Todd English's bluezoo food - Complimentary Bread basket

For appetizers, we tried the ‘Heirloom Tomato Salad’ and the ‘Beet Salad’. Both were beautifully presented and prepared, offering a fresh light flavor to get things started.

Todd-Englishs-bluezoo_Full_25236.jpg?wid
Todd English's bluezoo food - Heirloom Tomato Salad appetizer

The Heirloom Tomato Salad was accompanied with seasonal melon, brillat savarin, and tomato basil "panzanella”. 

Todd-Englishs-bluezoo_Full_25237.jpg?wid
Todd English's bluezoo food - Beet Salad appetizer

The Beet Salad was served with a Walnut vinaigrette and goat cheese fondue dressing.

For the main course, we went with the Airline Chicken and the Mahi Mahi.

The Mahi Mahi was definitely the pick of the two. It was a generous sized portion, perfectly cooked, and served with a Roasted potato hash, cherry peppers, charred meyer lemon, and a herb vin blanc.

Todd-Englishs-bluezoo_Full_25239.jpg?wid
Todd English's bluezoo food - Mahi Mahi entree

The Airline Chicken left us a bit wanting. There wasn’t anything wrong with it, just not a particularly interesting dish.

Todd-Englishs-bluezoo_Full_25238.jpg?wid
Todd English's bluezoo food - Airline Chicken entree

The restaurant really delivered with the desserts. We tried both the Carrot Cake and the Blueberry Sundae. Both sound like simple desserts, but these were seriously elevated takes on the classics.

The Carrot Cake is served with a pineapple confit, orange panacotta, poached carrots, sour cream sorbet - which ultimately made it more like a deconstructed Carrot Cake - a long way removed from a slab of cake you might be expecting.

Todd-Englishs-bluezoo_Full_25240.jpg?wid
Todd English's bluezoo food - Carrot Cake dessert

The Blueberry Sundae - an incredibly fresh looking and tasting masterpiece, including a vanilla lemon peel rice pudding, blueberry compote, blueberry ice cream, sugar ball filled with blueberry vanilla cremeux & blueberry sauce, blueberry tuile, whipped cream. Dessert perfection on a plate.

Todd-Englishs-bluezoo_Full_25241.jpg?wid
Todd English's bluezoo food - Blueberry Sundae dessert

I'm not very impressed by what I see. The appetizers in particular at $15 each I'd rather buy the $12 asparagus at the Boathouse. The heirloom tomato salad looks like nothing more than a few grape tomatoes like I can buy at my local grocery store. Definitely skimping on the beets and again they look like everyday beets nothing unique. 

I'm not very impressed by what I see. The appetizers in particular at $15 each I'd rather buy the $12 asparagus at the Boathouse. The heirloom tomato salad looks like nothing more than a few grape tomatoes like I can buy at my local grocery store. Definitely skimping on the beets and again they look like everyday beets nothing unique. 

Uh, aren't you describing every table service restaurant on WDW property?

Overpriced.

Skimping.

Nothing unique.

Have you had the $12 asparagus? Those might check all of those boxes too.

TCD

Uh, aren't you describing every table service restaurant on WDW property?

Overpriced.

Skimping.

Nothing unique.

Have you had the $12 asparagus? Those might check all of those boxes too.

TCD

From the pictures I saw of the asparagus you got a more than four pieces, they weren't trying to pass it off as "heirloom" and it is $3 less expensive. You do have a valid point about the quantity to price ratio at WDW table service restaurants. 

Since this was a stripped down menu for the Magical Dining Month, I don't know how well it reflected bluezoo's regular menu when it comes to portions. 

$33 won't get you much on the regular menu.  8)

I just wish you could order off the regular menu in their lounge.  I'd like to try a few things here, but don't necessarily want to be all in for a $150, 3 course meal.

Although the lounge menu still sounds pretty good and by comparison, not horrendously expensive...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/dolphin-hotel/todd-english-bluezoo-lounge/menus/

Really good fish tacos and calamari up this way will cost you in the neighborhood of $15 too.

Not sure about the restaurant, but the lounge is on "the list" for next month.  I'll let you know how it is if we actually get over there.

Since this was a stripped down menu for the Magical Dining Month, I don't know how well it reflected bluezoo's regular menu when it comes to portions. 

$33 won't get you much on the regular menu.  B)

I just wish you could order off the regular menu in their lounge.  I'd like to try a few things here, but don't necessarily want to be all in for a $150, 3 course meal.

Although the lounge menu still sounds pretty good and by comparison, not horrendously expensive...

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/dolphin-hotel/todd-english-bluezoo-lounge/menus/

Really good fish tacos and calamari up this way will cost you in the neighborhood of $15 too.

Not sure about the restaurant, but the lounge is on "the list" for next month.  I'll let you know how it is if we actually get over there.

Those prices for the type of appetizer are more in line for what you get. I also noticed one of your pack is more famous than I realized having a burger named after him (her?). Never knew I was rubbing elbows with a celebrity.

Those prices for the type of appetizer are more in line for what you get. I also noticed one of your pack is more famous than I realized having a burger named after him (her?). Never knew I was rubbing elbows with a celebrity.

LOL!! OMG I never noticed that before!

Do you think if I bring in her picture they'll give me a free burger? After all, who can resist this face...

5443691232_03747c221e_b.jpg

:rofl2: