I decided to make this a separate topic here, but Mo or the other powers that be can decide to move it as necessary.

We've often gone to the signature restaurants at WDW. My wife and I enjoy the food and atmosphere and our kids do as well.

This year, more so than in the past, I noticed a distinct down turn in any dress code at these restaurants (either implied or enforced). I'm referring to Cali Grill, Artist Point, Narcoosee's, etc.

Signature Dining
There are a few restaurants that have slightly more stringent dress requirements. These are the Signature (Fine) Dining restaurants that are located outside of the theme parks, including:

Artist Point, Wilderness Lodge Resort
California Grill, Contemporary Resort
Citricos, Grand Floridian Resort
Flying Fish, Boardwalk Resort
Il Molino New York Trattoria, Swan Resort
Jiko, Animal Kingdom Resort
Narcoossee’s. Grand Floridian Resort
Shula’s Steakhouse, Dolphin Resort
Todd English’s bluezoon, Dolphin Resort
Yachtsman Steakhouse, Yacht Club Resort

The official dress code for these restaurants states:

“Men: Khakis, slacks, jeans, dress shorts, collared shirts. Sport coats are optional.
Ladies: Capris, skirts, dresses, jeans, dress shorts.
Not permitted in dining room: Tank tops, swimwear, hats for gentleman, cut offs, or torn clothing. While T-shirts are now allowed, the policy remains that T-shirts with offensive language or graphics are not acceptable.”

At Cali grill there were entire families in logo'd t-shirts, shorts and flip flops.

I have to say that I missed having the opportunity for a nicer dining experience. I'd like to think my family and I were dressed appropriately for the places we ate, and I don't begrudge anyone a nice meal, but come on.

Thoughts?

My $.02:

Dress codes don't mean a thing if Disney doesn't enforce them.

And, this is yet another instance of Disney not wanting to lose a buck and/or offend a guest.

So, guests can do whatever they want.

Just like at the Fort.

It's the same on the Disney Cruise Line.  They have lists of clothing items that are not to be worn in the restaurants. But, guests wear them anyway, and nothing is said.

TCD

Dress codes don't mean a thing if Disney doesn't enforce them.

None of the rules mean anything... unless Disney enforces them.  That's always been the problem.  Well... that and the increased pricing.  But I guess they figure if they can charge (more than) enough, they'll just look the other way.

Same with shoes required.  I've seen more than once person, walk in TE (take out area) without shoes.  

Gross.