Cupcakes from the Boardwalk Bakery

From the Disney Food blog. They look delicious - anyone ever tried them?

Snack Series: Oreo Bon Bon Cupcake and Peanut Butter Cupcake

Apr 10th, 2011

by AJ.

A reader/cast member tipped me off to some new cupcakes being offered over at the Boardwalk Bakery!! While these may change monthly or seasonally, I just had to share ?em with you!

Oreo Bon Bon Cupcake

Likely named after the famous Oreo BonBons at Cape May Cafe?s evening clam bake, the Oreo Bon Bon cupcake is massive and Mickey-fied!

Oreo-Bon-Bon-Cupcake-350x524.jpg

Oreio-Cupcake-Up-Close-500x451.jpg

Oreo Bon Bon Cupcake

Interestingly, the Oreo cupcake is a yellow vanilla cake (who?d a thunk it?) with vanilla frosting. A ribbon of Oreo crumbs coats the bottom of the frosting, and two little Oreos make a Mickey Mouse out of the whole thing.

The frosting is a bit light for my taste ? closer to that on the Black Forest Cupcake than the Marble Cupcake ? but it?s very tasty.

The Oreos stuck into the top were, of course, soggy. I wish they?d stick them in right before boxing up the cupcake, but I get that you need to see the Mickey effect before you purchase as it?s part of the sales strategy? .

Once you cut into the cupcake, though, the true silver lining is revealed. A thick, rich cookies and cream frosting fills the inside of the cupcake! This is the lard-y buttercream we love, my friends!! A great addition to the snack, bringing it from a 5 to an 8 out of 10 on my cupcake scale.

Oreo-Cucake-Cross-Section-500x333.jpg

Cross Section

Oreo-Cupcake-Filling-500x333.jpg

Cookies and Cream Filling

Now, while I did enjoy this cupcake, I was ecstatic over the NEXT one?

Peanut Butter Cupcake

Oh my heavens.

Peanut-Butter-Cupcake-2-483x550.jpg

Peanut Butter Cupcake

This might go down in the books as my favorite cupcake on property. It might even bump that Butterfinger Cupcake out of the top spot if the frosting continues to be the rich, thick version I tasted during this review. Seriously.

Peanut-Butter-Cupcake-undressed-500x441.jpg

Peanut Butter Cupcake Undressed

What makes it so good, you ask? The. Frosting. Tastes. Like. Cookie. Dough. No kidding. The peanut butter frosting has the taste and texture of peanut butter cookie dough. It is outstanding.

And inside? The don?t mess around with chocolate frosting, no sir. More peanut butter frosting.

Peanut-Butter-Cupcake-cross-section-500x333.jpg

cross section

Peanut-butter-cupcake-filling-350x524.jpg

Peanut Butter filling

Now, I know there are some of you who don?t like peanut butter. There are even some of you who don?t like chocolate. And if that?s you ? my heart breaks for you! And? can I have your cupcake?

Both of these can be purchased with a snack credit.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/04/10/snack-series-oreo-bon-bon-cupcake-and-peanut-butter-cupcake/#more-27244

• 2 weeks later...

Alrightie then!! 

A trip to the Boardwalk Bakery and a Peanut Butter Cupcake for me!!  The only addition to this cupcake that would make it perfect would be REAL BACON BITS!!

We have a bakery down here, Bennett's, that has maple-glazed raised donuts, with bacon bits all over them!  You would love it!!

Alrightie then!! 

A trip to the Boardwalk Bakery and a Peanut Butter Cupcake for me!!  The only addition to this cupcake that would make it perfect would be REAL BACON BITS!!

We have a bakery down here, Bennett's, that has maple-glazed raised donuts, with bacon bits all over them!  You would love it!!

ROAD TRIP TO FT MYERS!!!  :banana:

drive-driving-car-steering-wheel-smiley-emoticon-000682-large.gif

Alrightie then!! 

Oh my!  I think I just teared up a bit.