Well, I decided to go for it. I bought my Destination D tickets today, cashed in some miles for flights, and bought park admission. I am all set for 7 nights of camping at the Fort!

I think I have everything I need for the trip except a cooler and a fan. I am hoping I can get away with just my thermarest down quilt (if predictive forecast is anywhere near accurate, it will work). I found a cooler that rolls up small and weighs 2 and 1/2 lbs, the Icemule cooler. Little usb fans are dirt cheap on Amazon. I should have about 30-35 pounds of gear, a manageable amount. I should also have enough room to spare to throw in a few food items.

Excited!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PS Here is the tent setup I will bring, a Hobitat 4 and vestibule (17 pounds total). Also the sleep setup I anticipate, thermarest ultra-lite mesh cot, neo-air pad, sheet, thermarest travel pillow, and thermarest down quilt (and pooh LOL). Yes, we got a Peace Corps discount at thermarest. ;) about 5 to 6 pounds.

a216a79c3c1f01d2a4eac843657359bc.jpg

1fd3ce2e96eb72b1a557955f3b9f424b.jpg

You might be able to preship some things for hold in the office or send to the post office care of the post master for pickup. I know the post office method is popular with a couple of friends of ours that do a lot of long distance hiking so they can preposition extra supplies and clothing.