I know there is a topic somewhere here talking about the new Sorin movie, but I couldn't find it. Anyways, we activated our new Epcot after 4 annual passes on Saturday. Our anniversary was Saturday and we figured after the storm being close to Orlando (somewhat) that Epcot would be less crowded. We were wrong, but had a great time.  We got a chance to ride the new Sorin . I have to say Disney did a great job on this. Even though half was probably done computer generated, it's still a much better picture than the last one. I do miss the smells from the old movie. I caught only one new scent with this one.  

We also noticed the food and wine festival is turning into a very younger crowd event. Which is not a bad thing, but much more drunks screaming and bumping into you throughout world showcase.  I'm glad the kids were not with us.  Overall we had a great time. 

I am glad you liked the new Soarin'.

I really don't care for it.  The original is way better, in my opinion.  Too much of the new film is fake.

Supposedly, the new version has the same number of scents as the old, but they apparently have had trouble with this, and when I rode it, like you, I only noticed one scent.

Based on your review, you must have sat in the middle section of the seats.  There are multiple reports from guests of bad distortion with some of the scenes when seated in the two outer sections.  That's a major fail on Disney's part.

Another thing I noticed is that there is no crowd reaction to the new film.  It was not unusual to hear applause and cheers at the end of the original film, especially when it was newer.  With this new one, there is no crowd reaction.  To me, that speaks volumes.

One positive is that with the addition of a theater, the wait time for Soarin' has gone way down.  I also feel like guests will not feel drawn to re-ride Soarin' with this new film to the same degree that they did the original version. 

TCD