When we went it wasn't even on the menu, we had to ask about it.

We all thought it was a lot better than the kitchen sink.

I could see it not selling if people were getting the AYCE meals.  After getting stuffed on meat products who has room for ice cream!

That's a good point. I bet most people get the AYCE. We would only go for dessert because it was such a fun treat. I agree that it was better than the kitchen sink. I hope they put something comparable somewhere else because it is so difficult getting a reservation at Beaches & Cream, especially for a large party.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:19 PM, martindi said:

I just brought some friends to the Whispering Canyon Cafe for the 10 Gallon Hat, but it has been taken off the menu. Our server said it wasn't selling well.

Classic.

Did they ever advertise or promote the 10 Gallon Hat Challenge?

I've been to the Wilderness Lodge plenty since they introduced this item.  I never saw a sign or any kind of announcement publicizing it.

I have no doubt that they would have sold tons of these if people knew about it.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Classic.

Did they ever advertise or promote the 10 Gallon Hat Challenge?

I've been to the Wilderness Lodge plenty since they introduced this item.  I never saw a sign or any kind of announcement publicizing it.

I have no doubt that they would have sold tons of these if people knew about it.

TCD

We went right after it started and didn't see anything about it posted or on the menu, but figured that was because it was so new.

Since we did individual lunch entrees, we weren't overstuffed and could enjoy the ooey, gooey mess.

7 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I was hoping this had been a fluke that they didnt have it when you went. I reached out to a buddy who is a server there and he sadly confirmed it to be true.

Another case of mis-management.

I don't know if it was ever on the menu or posted, but it should've been.

But putting a huge dessert in a restaurant whose big draw is all you can eat heavy meats was a mistake.  No wonder it wasn't that popular.

They should move it to Trails End!