ATTENTION... any "Fiends on the scene" at WDW in May

announcement.gif

We're still looking for content for FortFiends2.0 and any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Here's my wish list of stuff.  Jen and Chris may have more.

If you manage to snag any actual paper materials (brochures, maps, menus, etc) and can't scan them, PM me and I'll give you my mailing address.

As for sending any of this electronically, PM me if you want my email addy (or just check the content thread on the Community board) or you can even post it directly to this thread and I can grab it from here.  Don't shrink your images down too small - especially for things like menus or signs or anything we want to be able to read.  Better to email me those original files than try and post them here.

I know there are at least a couple of you that will be there soon.  If you want to coordinate your efforts and "divide and conquer" feel free to divvy up this stuff.  And even if not, duplication is fine!  It helps me confirm info an also gives us more than one perspective on things.  :banana:

And of course if any of you here already HAVE some of this stuff, please send it along!  If any of it isn't super recent, that's AOK - just give me an approx. date (year) in case we eventually get more updated info.

Any questions, give a shout...

- MENUS:  Especially for the Fort, but eventually it would be awesome if we could have a complete menu section for ALL of WDW.  Paper menus would be fantastic, but good, clear photos also excellent.  And don't leave out the snack carts (signs), counter service, etc.

to go along with this...

- FOOD!: pre-eaten shots please!  Be sure to specify exactly what we're looking at.  Would be great in particular to get shots of the offerings at Trails End, Meadows Snack Bar, Hoop-Dee-Doo and the Backyard BBQ.

- POOL RULES: I've been trying to dig up photos of the signs at the pools but haven't had any luck

- DOG PARK RULES: ditto

- LAWNMOWER TREE: sign closeup

- DRINK STATIONS: Meadows and Trails end (general pics and any signs)

- ARCADE PHOTOS: Meadows and by Crocketts

- PLAYGROUND PHOTOS: please label the location

- CABIN POOL PHOTOS: and any signs there as well

- COMFORT STATIONS: a general overview of photos inside and out - ice machines, laundry facilities, restrooms, showers... and also any signs, in particular the bulletin board area where most of the notices, schedules and updates are posted.  Pick one - doesn't really matter which.

- MARINA: love to get a complete listing of all the rental information there with prices, schedules, etc.

- OUTPOST RECEPTION: inside/outside pics and details on what people can find inside at reception (services, info., etc.)

- TCD RANCH: details/photos of the horse barn, pony ride area, calliope, blacksmith shop, trail ride area (Outpost)

- GOLF CART RENTALS: any photos/information on the Fort rentals

- BIKE BARN: photos/details on everything available to rent there, incl. prices

- CAMPFIRE/MOVIE: more photos of the area in general, details, signs...

- MEADOWS POOL: more photos of the hot tub, slide, and particularly the splash zone for the little ones, including any signs/info posted.

- FWRR: I need a good shot of the logo on the slide water tower (and yes, I know it's not the original logo LOL).  Also any pics of areas of interest that used to be part of the RR - any remaining bits of track (please give the approx. location), trestles, etc.

- HOOP-DEE-DOO: photos inside of the layout of the place, show, etc. Any information/details on the show available (pricing, menu, etc.)

- BACKYARD BBQ: same

- ANYTHING that remains of old activities and attractions around the Fort - trails, River Country, etc.  Don't go getting yourselves arrested or anything (maybe someone can track down TCD's cousin Yuri - LOL), but the more specifics and details you can provide, the better!

OTHER GENERAL WDW STUFF...

In addition to the menus, there's some new stuff going on around the World that would be great to get some first-person info on:

- new group replacing British Invasion at Epcot

- any photos of the Fantasyland expansion

- any photos of the work at Pleasure Island

- any photos of the work at Art of Animation resort

- any photos of any refurbs going on around the World (still a lot of scrims up in Magic Kingdom, for instance)

- photos of the new lap bars on Splash Mountain

- photos of the Haunted Mansion updates (interactive queue, new hitchhiking ghosts scene at the end)

- Flower & Garden pics from Epcot and any first hand reviews/info on any of the events specific to the F&G

- photos/info on the new "memories" show on the castle

- reviews of the new hot dog offerings at Casey's and Lunching Pad

- reviews of the new strawberry churros at MK

- ANY information, photos, etc. on Star Wars 2.0 (including merch)

- review/info on the Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom

- Yeti updates!  A mode? B mode? LMNOP mode?

- what's the latest "purchase with purchase" merchandise around the World (photos, locations, cost)

- review/photos of the new Carrot Cake Cupcakes at Wilderness Lodge.  :)

That's all I can think of at the moment.  Whew!

If I come up with anything else, I'll add it to this thread. And if you all come up with anything else you think would be of interest to the Fort Fiends community, send it along!

THANKS ALL!!!

I forgot one VERY important bit of information...

Fort merchandise at the Trading Posts!

Grill the CMs for any info or even rumors (within the confines of the Geneva Convention of course) scour both TPs for any sign of Fort Merchandise.

If you come across anything at all, please get us photos and prices.

Unless it's the last one and you buy it yourself.  In which case photos and bragging will be acceptable.

carry on...