Just watch out for the kids when they are on the boardwalk some of the games of chance are known to drain the kids of their money, it happened to a couple of our boy scouts when they were there a few years ago. Other then that have fun and enjoy.

I went a couple of years ago but never again it was a mess! Nothing worse then out of control kids! :argh:

Ditto on that.

When I went with my boys it rained all weekend. It was a mud feast.

We left on Saturday night and just threw away our tent. I told the troop that if I can't park it, I'm not going.

We live nearby and have been to the boards during the scouting events and also during the soccer blasts in June. It's quite a sight to see hundreds of tents on the beach, and during the soccer blast there are dozens of beach soccer games happening at the same time! One of my son's young friends went to the scout event and her mom said one word comes to her mind each time she thinks of that weekend..it is SAND! :wave1: She said that no matter how hard you try to keep it out of each and everything you own in the tent it will find it's way in. She did mention that a cot for inside the tent would have certainly been a help from the dampness of the sand as well. Otherwise they had a fantastic time. I hope you do as well and that the weather is great for you! :banana:

Thanks for the insight and advice. We'll be there May 20-22. Our girls are HS juniors and chose to do this trip over going to the prom! One of our girls went a few years ago with a different troop and said it was the best trip she ever went on! Ain't peer pressure great. I guess we'll see. BTW which would be worse, wet sand or dry sand???

I just wish the price of gas plummets between now and then!

[quote name='GOBA Mom Lynn'

I just wish the price of gas plummets between now and then!

For what it's worth gas should be cheaper in NJ and they pump it for you,just try not to get gas in town there is a WAWA outside in an area called Rio Grand that might be the best price for gas. I was camping around Cape May this weekend and filled up on the way home with diesel @ 3.6 a gallon.

That's going to be a fun ride from Pittsburg what route are you going to take?