Emerald Coast Campgrounds Navarre - Panama City

Does anyone have any information on the Navarre beach campground? We are thinking of staying in one of the cabins in June.

We want to stay around destin and seaside. So anywhere between Navarre and panama city. But I refuse to stay at the campers inn in panama city again.

There's grayton beach state park and topsail hill that we have considered as well.

We don't have a camper right now so we will either be tenting it or staying in cabins.

This is a short cheap weekend trip.

The tornadoes really messed up any long vacation we had planned. :(

I'm not real familiar with west of panama city. This side of Panama City, you have the El Governor in Mexico Beach which has full kitchen suites for around $100 per night. There is also St Joseph Pennisula State Park which has cabins out on Cape San Blas, it is gorgeous there. One of my girlfriends has good luck finding places on vrbo.com and contacting them directly to ask for a better price.

I've been quite a few times to both Navarre Beach and also Topsail. I would choose Topsail.

Topsail - Nice cabins (really more like park models) and pool. Room to ride bikes. You can ride your bike to the beach or take the tram (the beach is about 3/4 mile from the campground down a paved road). The beach is actually on the ocean/gulf so you get waves and a nice big beautiful beach. Fishing in the ponds (watch out for alligators). Close to the outlets and plenty of places to eat, WalMart and grocery stores. Atmosphere much more relaxing and more camping type. Campfires, when allowed due to over dry weather conditions, must be in a contained unit up off the ground with screened cover.

Navarre - Typical cabins (more like larger KOA type). Located on the Sound so no real wave action (although might be an advantage if you have small kids). No real beach...you go down some steps and there is about 8' X 75' of sand area to use for a "beach". On either side of the campground is private property and you cannot go onto their "beach" area. This is more the quaint-type, old Florida style campground. IIRC there were quite a few rules/regulations that seemed unnecessary. Central campfire area that was never used when we stayed. NOT close to outlet shopping or places to eat...you have to drive quite a few miles for either (it does have a WalMart and Publix nearby).

I have pictures of both if you need more help in making up your mind.

Hello, I live in Navarre. I think what they said about the KOA cabin is correct and really I don't think it's much of a beach. Topsail is by far better. Thers is also Fort Pickens on Pensacola Beach you could tent camp there no cabins. A customer of mine told me about this site it is on the other side of Panama City by Port ST Joe http://www.indianpasscamp.com/index.html