Fancy Flights: Margaritas, Whiskey, And Beer, Oh My!

From the Disney Food blog. We definitely need some on the ground reporting on these!!!

Fancy Flights: Margaritas, Whiskey, and Beer, Oh My!

May 16th, 2011 by AJ. When most people hear the word “flight” when referring to a menu — they automatically think “wine flight.” Well, while Disney restaurants have some spectacular wine flights (Sanaa…yum!), there are also plenty of other kinds of flights that I can recommend you order up post haste on your next visit! icon_smile.gif

Margarita Flight

This beautiful little tray of heaven (as I like to refer to it) sports five gorgeous mini-margaritas. On my last visit, we were treated to Lime, Pineapple, Hibiscus, Jalapeno, and Mango Blueberry flavors on the tray, but the tequila geniuses that have taken over the creation of the bar menus at Disney’s Mexican food joints are always dreaming up new and inventive options. My favorites? Lime, Mango Blueberry, and Pineapple. But that Jalapeno will definitely knock your socks off with flavor.

CSR-MK-Ep-Maya-Contemp-652-500x333.jpg

Margarita Flight

You can get these at most of Disney’s Mexican food locations, including Maya Grill and Rix Lounge at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort and La Hacienda de San Angel in Epcot’s World Showcase.

If you’re very, very lucky, you can also get one in my favorite place in all of Disney World — La Cava del Tequila — in Epcot’s Mexico pavilion pyramid. This tiny little tequila bar is small on space but MASSIVE on taste. You can see my La Cava del Tequila review here icon_smile.gif

While tequila flights are always available at La Cava, the margarita flight is sometimes hard to find here. I’m told it’s because the place isn’t big enough — and not enough flights are ordered — to support making them there. If you’re there and they’re not serving the Marg flights, grab an Avocado Margarita instead.

Beer Flights

Where do you go for a thirst-quenching mug of beer? A pub, of course! The Rose and Crown in Epcot’s United Kingdom pavilion has the “Imperial Sampler,” which is Imperially fabulous.

Imperial-Sampler-close-Up-500x333.jpg

Rose and Crown's Imperial Sampler

For $10 ($10!!!!) it includes a glass of each: Bass, Harp, Strongbow, Boddington’s, and Guinness. This has pretty much become my husband’s favorite memory of Disney World. Ever. And we think you’ll like it, too.

Imperial-Sampler-500x305.jpg

Imperial Sampler -- Bass, Harp, Strongbow, Boddington's, Guinness

If you’re like me and haven’t yet gotten the swing of the beer drinking thing, go for the Strongbow. Sweet as honey.

And should you be hanging around in Orlando’s Downtown Disney for the evening, you should definitely spend a bit of time over at Raglan Road, where you can indulge in another beer flight — a fully Irish one! Enjoy “the four provinces” with tastes of Guinness, Smithwicks, Harp, and Kilkenny!

raglan-road-flight-500x261.jpg

Raglan Road Four Provinces Flight

Thanks to our friends at AWeddingCakeBlog.com for sending over the pic!

Whiskey Flight

Le Cellier serves up a Canadian Whiskey Flight with 3/4 oz. servings of Pendleton, 40 Creek, and Crown Royal.

Whisky-flight-500x303.jpg

Whisky Flight

Although I’m not a whiskey expert, my fave was the 40 Creek. I do have to say, though — whiskey does not go down smooth for me! You whiskey lovers need to give me some tips as to the best ways to appreciate this find spirit!

Still, since it’s good to expand your horizons, I’m going to recommend this one as something you can’t just get anywhere in Disney World, and you know I’m always a fan of unique offerings in the World’s restaurants. icon_smile.gif Well done, Le Cellier.

http://www.disneyfoo...and-beer-oh-my/

Unfortunately I can't take credit for the reviews themselves - just finding/sharing them here.

But I am planning to make sure I try lots of things during our Oct/Nov trip so I can write/share my own.

Of course that means DH will have to get over his "thing" about me taking pictures of my food ...and his! :rofl2: