Fort Wilderness As A Honeymoon Destination

DH and I are currently on our Babymoon in LV having a great time. We have been married 15 years and stayed at the Poly for our honeymoon. When we were at the Poly, because of the cost, we definitely felt pressure to get out to the parks – pack in as much park time as we could. Today I got thinking about my brother and his fiancé are getting married in August of next year – not that I would suggest a Fort Wilderness honeymoon for them (she is way too girly and they will probably go to the Islands) but I was thinking – ya know the Fort would make an awesome honeymoon destination. Quiet, beautiful, inexpensive compared to other resorts. Rent a tent, bring a blow up mattress, a cooler, a couple of chairs and I think couples would have a wonderful time. Has anyone ever seen any honeymooners at Fort Wilderness?

I agree it would be a great place.

My hubby asked that we honeymoon somewhere where neither of us had visited so we ended up in a cabin near Pingeon Forge, TN. Had a great time. :parrot:

BUT, everyone that knows me expected us to go to WDW and the Fort. :rolleyes:

Now that I have converted him, we have the RV, there is NO doubt where we will be having our 10th anniversay in Nov 2012. NONE. :banana: :parrot: :banana:

I have seen honeymooner's at the Fort. US!!! Yep! We spent our honeymoon at FtW back in 1974 in a borrowed pop-up! One trip and we were hooked!

Camping for a honeymoon runs in the family. Al's youngest daughter (my niece) had a camping honeymoon hiking mountains! We wouldn't have had it any other way!

We did our honeymoon at "Disney." The problem was that my mom, who gave us the honeymoon as our wedding present, told the travel agent that we were her kids. The idiot booked us at the Sunspree Resort right off property. Now, for those of you who do not know what this resort is for, it is FOR LITTLE KIDS! Needless to say, we spent as little time there as possible and spent a whole lot of time in the travel agent's office when we got back to my mother's house to pick up our furbaby she was babysitting. I have never heard so much screaming in my life, and I teach for a living! :argh:

We would have LOVED to be at the Fort.

We did our honeymoon at "Disney." The problem was that my mom, who gave us the honeymoon as our wedding present, told the travel agent that we were her kids. The idiot booked us at the Sunspree Resort right off property. Now, for those of you who do not know what this resort is for, it is FOR LITTLE KIDS! Needless to say, we spent as little time there as possible and spent a whole lot of time in the travel agent's office when we got back to my mother's house to pick up our furbaby she was babysitting. I have never heard so much screaming in my life, and I teach for a living! :argh:

We would have LOVED to be at the Fort.

haha - Parents are so funny.

haha - Parents are so funny.

Yeah, I could see her mom saying I'm booking this for my children as a present...but honestly what kind of travel agent would book a hotel for children--no parents and also,...I'm sure the mother mentioned it was for her children getting married, right? I bet more of the blame is on the travel agent NOT the mother....lol