When I did it, it was about $45 for the trail ride, and if you are a good rider, it is quite frankly boring. You ride the horses at a walk single file down a wooded trail. There is no interesting commentary or history.

There are age and weight restrictions, but I don't know what the youngest age is.

Minimum age 9.

MInimum height is 48"

Times are 8:30AM, 10:00AM, 11:30AM, 2:30PM, 1:00PM

Cost $46.00 adults & children

Advance reservations are recommended.

No cameras or video equipment allowed.

Maximum weight 250lbs

Thanks for the info.... she meets all the requirements, but if really doesn't sound that exciting! I need to find out if she just wants to ride horses cause if she does, I can probably find it cheaper at home!

My husband and I rode the horses several years ago and it was nice only because it was very relaxing. The horses went VERY slow and it was a nice stroll through the woods. I don't even think they need a leader, the horses knew where they were going! The only problem I had was my horse kept stopping to eat stuff off the trees. Come to find out, they were wild grapes or berries he knew were there and he was bound and determined he was going to have them. I get the only horse with a sweet tooth. The whole ride was very slow, but not that terrible. I have no idea of the temperament of your 9 year old darling, so you will have to make the call on this one.