Tomato Basil Soup at Pinocchio Village Haus

From the Disney Food blog...

Snack Series: Tomato Basil Soup at Pinocchio Village Haus

Jun 8th, 2011 by AJ.

I’m a soup-lover from way back, and one of my favorites has always been tomato basil. So when I was on a recent research trip at the Magic Kingdom, I was very excited to find tomato basil soup listed on the menu at Pinocchio Village Haus!

Soup is a great snack — cheap, filling, and usually carrying fewer calories and fat than other snacks at the Kingdom.

But, at the time, I thought to myself — how good could it be? I’ve had exceptional tomato basil soup, but I’ve also had plenty of versions that don’t come close to making the cut.

Pinocchio-Village-Haus-menu-500x334.jpg

Pinocchio Village Haus menu

Without too many expectations, I found a seat upstairs at the Village Haus and dug in — and it was amazing! I’m not kidding you. I don’t recommend something to you if I don’t love it, and I’m telling you this soup is gorgeous. Savory, buttery, creamy, and very flavorful. Usually when I’m researching, my companions and I split it and I only take a few bites, but I’m pretty sure I commandeered this cup of soup and just about ate the whole thing!

Tomato-Basil-Soup-at-Pinocchio-Village-Haus-500x333.jpg

Tomato Basil Soup at Pinocchio Village Haus

So, just a quick post to let you know, if you like soup as much as I do — tomato basil particularly — head over to the Village Haus on your next Magic Kingdom visit! For under $3 or a snack credit, it’s more than worth it! Plus, let’s be honest, no matter how many calories there are in that cup of soup, it’s still “real food” and can definitely stave off some serious hunger giving you even more ride time! icon_smile.gif

http://www.disneyfoo...o-village-haus/

Do they serve a grilled cheese, too? That is the best lunch - tomato soup and grilled cheese. Maybe you can pick up a soup at MK and go over to the Poly and have one of those grown up grilled cheese sandwiches.