The Primeval Whirl coaster at AK will tentatively be back in service on Sept 15.

The roller coaster will remain closed through the summer as federal investigators continue examining the incident resulting in the death of a CM who was killed while working on the attraction in March.

The Primeval Whirl coaster at AK will tentatively be back in service on Sept 15.

The roller coaster will remain closed through the summer as federal investigators continue examining the incident resulting in the death of a CM who was killed while working on the attraction in March.

That is sad that the coaster caused loss of life. I for one, won't miss it. I rode it once and that was enough!!

Another CM killed by PW? Wasn't it just a year or so ago that a CM was killed there? I think Disney needs to stick with stuff they design and forget about this "off-the-shelf" crapola.

This death occurred in March while maintenance was being done.

The first one was in 2007.

Primeval Whirl Closure

I always thought it was hyperbole when old folks talked about "it seemed like only yesterday" when some long-passed event was mentioned. Now I understand... 2007!?

I did the same thing the other day, thinking an event was just a year or two ago and it turned out to be in 2004. all this and I am not really that old.....

Not saying the people involved here were at fault but many on the job injuries and fatalities could be avoided but people get too comfortable with the environment and let their guard down. Almost every facility I work at has a safety training class. Most are just dumb videos where people watch so that the co.'s insurance provider is happy because they can say we warned them in the video and they signed a paper saying they were aware.

There is one co. I work for that has a 2 hour safety class and when I heard that I thought great, here we go. The person who taught it also developed the video and I learned more that day and it forever changed my attitude about work safety. Too many people either think somebody else is watching out for them but they're not.

We were actually at AK the day the accident happened and heard all the emergency vehicles but never saw anything do to the walls around the ride. Prayers to the family of this man.