Just got back from a 3 day weekend at the Ocoee River. Nearly every year my ski buddies get together in the summer for a blowout at a river. We usually choose the Ocoee or the Nantahala. The weekend usually goes like this drink, party, drink, frisbee, party, paddle, drink, party, cook, drink, drink, sleep, drink, mountain bike, paddle, drink, party, party, party, drink, music, yelling, really cook, camp fire, sleep, breakfast, and pack up.

This trip was no different. We had a site at Adventures Unlimited just down for the Ocoee. AU is known as one of the more wild campgrounds. It is really, really hard to get kicked out of the place, and that is a good thing. They had a school bus converted into a bar, and a rickety stage in the front part of the property (by the RV sites). We were up till past midnight Friday and Saturday nights listening to live music. There was about 15 of us total, and we had a big ole' time. Unfortunately, there was a group of men/teens (youth group, I think) that obviously didn't know what type of crowd that AU attracts. They packed up and were gone before we all got up the first morning. :unsure: :unsure: :cheers:

We mountain biked some of the local trails in the 90+ deg heat (which sucked, btw). We also went down the Ocoee totally unguided in a borrowed raft. It was a huge s#!tshow.

Camp Chaos

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

How not to do the Ocoee

IMG_4034-1.jpg

It was a good time. My head still hurts!