Here are some pictures from "Camp Wilderness" (very creative name :rolleyes: ) at Carowinds Amusement Park in Charlotte, NC.

http://www.carowinds.com/public/visit/accommodations/camp_wilderness/index.cfm

http://cfcc.media.cfnslb1.cedarfair.com/_upload/pdf/Campground/CampgroundMap.pdf

I hope those links work - if not, somebody tell me how to fix 'em, please!

25fb1651.jpg

How close is it to the park? These pics are from the main drive into the campground.

e78ab2cc.jpg

14971afb.jpg

Catch a ride here:

a5f4998b.jpg

Mini golf:

2467ca59.jpg

Pool:

69979700.jpg

I did think it was funny they had two lifeguards on duty and it is not a terribly big pool.

e0b073f6.jpg

Check in, trading post:

4ca678a6.jpg

Yo grill

a095d9dc.jpg

Apparently there's room to double-up

88fc781f.jpg

81e0abe3.jpg

Those were all from the first loop on the right- it was mostly tents with a few pups

Next are some cabins, for my fellow cabineers:

6eab351d.jpg

9f3d2fd5.jpg

Not sure what this is for - GGs?

7d561543.jpg

Back over to more RV sites

49de5aa7.jpg

5807097e.jpg

Here are the pull-through sites - big rigs over here

2490301c.jpg

bc99c0e0.jpg

My retirement home :dance:

c7efb8c7.jpg

Enjoyed the flowers on this one

480c12fc.jpg

And that's all folks! I have a whole bunch of pics - but this pretty much covers it.

Thanks so much for posting these! I've always wondered about that campground (I'm in Raleigh) -- for some reason I always had it pictured with way, way less trees (like one of those "parking lot" type campgrounds). Glad to see I was wrong.

Funny about the pool:lifeguard ratio. I guess they figure everyone will just head over to the park for entertainment, so they can get away with a small pool.

That looks like a pretty nice campground and a suitable substitute if you need a Fort fix and live in the area.

Thanks so much for posting these! I've always wondered about that campground (I'm in Raleigh) -- for some reason I always had it pictured with way, way less trees (like one of those "parking lot" type campgrounds). Glad to see I was wrong.

Funny about the pool:lifeguard ratio. I guess they figure everyone will just head over to the park for entertainment, so they can get away with a small pool.

I'd always wondered about it too - also picturing it as a parking lot! I was surprised at all the trees and hills.

I agree about the pool - with the water park right there, I was a little surprised they even had a pool!

That looks like a pretty nice campground and a suitable substitute if you need a Fort fix and live in the area.

It was nicer than I expected to find. It's much smaller than the Fort, but definitely could see how you could relax there between trips to the parks.

Looks like a nice campground!!

We were in the area in 2005 and the campground was closed :-(

Glad to see it has reopened!

I didn't know they had closed it - maybe that was when they were adding the water park? It is adjacent to the water park so that might make sense.

Just another note to anyone who might be interested - it is maybe 1/2 mile off I-77 and real easy to pull into off Carowinds Blvd. Also, as you're driving that little 1/2 mile you will see there are several food places (Cracker Barrel, pizza, KFC, local Mexican restaurant, etc) and two gas stations. It might not be a bad overnight stop if you're heading to WDW.