The We Camp Here app is only on the android right now (search for we camp here on the android market). The iPhone development is really costly, but I will be tackling it as soon as I can justify the cost of buying a mac (you can't develop it on a pc) and the high yearly fees they charge just to have the privelege of putting it in the app store. I also have to learn yet another programming language (heck... what's one more!). For right now I am focusing on entering campgrounds, and I plan on working on the iPhone app this fall/winter when I have more time on my hands. I promise! It is coming!

I don't have an iPhone, so for those of you who have downloaded the woodalls app, I am curious... Do they limit the information that they show for the listings that are not 'featured' (aka paid) like they do on their website?

From what I can tell so far, it looks like the info on it is extremely limited (just very, very basic info like cost, how many sites, directions, etc.). That's for both the campgrounds marked with the usual little triangle tent symbol and those marked with a Woodall's W symbol. If the W campgrounds are Woodall's-approved, then no, it doesn't look like there's a difference between them.

From what I can tell so far, it looks like the info on it is extremely limited (just very, very basic info like cost, how many sites, directions, etc.). That's for both the campgrounds marked with the usual little triangle tent symbol and those marked with a Woodall's W symbol. If the W campgrounds are Woodall's-approved, then no, it doesn't look like there's a difference between them.

Good! Hopefully it will stay that basic. Our app lists all of the utilities, amenities and recreation too. ;)

I don't have an iPhone, so for those of you who have downloaded the woodalls app, I am curious... Do they limit the information that they show for the listings that are not 'featured' (aka paid) like they do on their website?

They sort them out into categories Woodalls featued & non featured. Then they also show camping world locations & attractions on the legend but I didn't see any pop up. The only real difference I saw between featured & non featured is there is no link to the non featured campgrounds web site. Other than that they all showed max length, number of sites, hook ups available & quantities, recreation (swimming, fishing, etc), dump services, directions, prices, payment types accepted, and some others I can't remember. Now I don't know if they stays true with non featured thoughout the country but the ones I looked at near me matched the featured.

I have an old ITouch I can charge & load the app onto if you would like to check it out. Lisa if you want to borrow it let me know. It has a cracked screen but otherwise works. At least time I tried it. Anyways let me know.

I have an old ITouch I can charge & load the app onto if you would like to check it out. Lisa if you want to borrow it let me know. It has a cracked screen but otherwise works. At least time I tried it. Anyways let me know.

That would be great. I'm not quite ready to work on it yet, but I'll let you know when I am.

The printing company I work for (48HourPrint.com) just launched an app yesterday on all 3 platforms - Apple, Android and BlackBerry - and I can tell you Apple was THE WORST.

Insane numbers of hoops to jump through - and that was just to be approved as an Apple developer! Their review/approval process took a ton longer than the others.

They also had a ridiculous amount of restrictions and limitations on how you can promote/market your app - including prohibiting you from displaying your Apple app or any of their devices next to any other device.

wha-wha-whaaaaaat??

I get why they do it, but even as a long-time Mac user myself, I found the whole thing pretty ridiculous. (personally I have a Droid)

Even our Creative Director - a die hard Apple guy - was seriously p.o.'d with the process.