4th of July-What a Party! Trip Report

Oh how I would have loved to have gone to see Harry Potter. Hopefully, in a few years when we go back we can have time to go. I am wanting to see the new movie but I wanted to rewatch all the others first. We have one of the top grossing theaters in the country about 5 minutes from my house. It's way too busy to go see it right now so that gives me a couple of weeks to watch all the movies.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The heavy rains on Thursday and the not so promising forcast convinced us to change the rest of our vacation plans. We had been planning on leaving Friday morning, driving down to Key West and spend a couple of days before heading home. But, we couldn't see driving for 8 hours in heavy rain and possibly spending the next 2 days sitting inside the motorhome with the kids so we cancelled out that part of our trip. I called the front desk to see if they could accomodate us for a couple of more days and they could!YEA! :banana: But they asked if we would move because they had a grand gathering coming into our site. No problem for us, they let us pick any open site but we chose to stay in the 900 loop and moved up to 932. It wasn't my ideal site, but it was only for two days. We still had a day left on our tickets so we decided to spend it at Magic Kingdom. It actually turned out to be a great day. It rained really hard, but not forever, and the temperatures were probably in the 70's.

We headed over to Fantasyland and rode Snow White and then Peter Pan's Flight. (Have to leave, so I'll finish this later) The wait time for Peter Pan was about 60 minutes, so Pops (Louis) and Allie headed over to Space Mountain. Out of the mouth of babes, after riding Peter Pan, Colton said, " That was the best ride, it should have lasted longer." While waiting for Louis and Allie to come back, we decided to ride Dumbo, again. Amanda begged off because she is afraid of heights and gets sick. So, Nana and Colton go to ride Dumbo. In the meantime, Pops and Allie make it back from Space Mountain and don't want to ride Dumbo. Colton said," Why don't they want to ride Dumbo? It's the most fun ride here!"

28218421711966886501508.jpg

By rladams at 2011-07-16

26996921712034888201508.jpg

By rladams at 2011-07-16

The best way to end a fun day at Magic Kingdom is to watch the lighted parade. We've had our cookies and milk and now we're waiting for the parade to begin.

28385421712106089981508.jpg

By rladams at 2011-07-16

26840321712201292361508.jpg

By rladams at 2011-07-17

28434321712274094181508.jpg

By rladams at 2011-07-17

28333921712297294761508.jpg

By rladams at 2011-07-17

Oh how I would have loved to have gone to see Harry Potter. Hopefully, in a few years when we go back we can have time to go. I am wanting to see the new movie but I wanted to rewatch all the others first. We have one of the top grossing theaters in the country about 5 minutes from my house. It's way too busy to go see it right now so that gives me a couple of weeks to watch all the movies.

The girls loved it and took about 100 pictures. I tried to pick just a few that would appeal to everyone. They reread all their books and watched the movies again before they came.

Our last day at Disney World was spent at Downtown Disney where we bought our traditional disney Christmas ornament before heading home.

Here's a few shots of our campsite. No matter what we do, we always end up looking like the Beverly Hillbillies!

26975121710731655621508.jpg

By rladams at 2011-07-16

26775121710735255711508.jpg

By rladams at 2011-07-16

26504821710737655771508.jpg

By rladams at 2011-07-16

26135421711301669871508.jpg

By rladams at 2011-07-16

This is Suzy in dire need of a grooming.

26356921710993662171508.jpg

By rladams at 2011-07-16

Allie and Colton at the Contempory.

26773421711296469741508.jpg

By rladams at 2011-07-16

This is Allie and Nikki...another poor dog in need of a grooming. The girls didn't like wearing their Mickey Ears.

We loaded up on Sunday and headed home. Another great vacation at Fort Wilderness!!

Oh no!

It's over?

That was a really great report!

Bravo!

It was very smart of you to cancel your trip to the Keys and stay at the Fort.

The Keys are nice and all, but it would not have been worth the drive.

Thanks for posting this report and all of the great photos!

I hope that y'all can make it back to WDW with the grandkids some time soon.

TCD

Thanks Andrew. Our next trip is planned for the first week of December. I've always wanted to see the Christmas lights so we're trying to get in as many trips as possible before we retire. Also, we're hoping our friend Cheryl will be well enough to come for at least a few days.

I'm so glad you had a fun vacation! (Getting extra nights is always a bonus.) :) Our oldest son went on the Pirate Cruise a few years ago... but they were still using the yellow life vests. I love the cool pirate themed ones. Looks like they're doing a nicer job making the boats looks more pirate-ish too. He loved it then I know he'd love it now! It is soooo worth the cost to see the looks on the kids faces isn't it? I really enjoyed your report!

Great report. I agree with Rita, I didn't see any hillbilly either. Your dogs a so cute. My DD has a yorkie-chihuahua mix that looks just like yours. I always pick up a Christmas ornament or two trip also. Now I have so many I have decide which ones I will use every year :rofl2:

I'm so glad you had a fun vacation! (Getting extra nights is always a bonus.) :) Our oldest son went on the Pirate Cruise a few years ago... but they were still using the yellow life vests. I love the cool pirate themed ones. Looks like they're doing a nicer job making the boats looks more pirate-ish too. He loved it then I know he'd love it now! It is soooo worth the cost to see the looks on the kids faces isn't it? I really enjoyed your report!

Thanks, I actually had fun writing it once I got started. That Pirate Adventure was the best money we ever spent, they are still playing pirate...even Allie who is a "TWEEN" you know! Sorry we didn't have more time to visit with all the fiends. The next time we come, Louis and I want to just stay at the campground and let the kids and their parents go to the parks.

Great report. I agree with Rita, I didn't see any hillbilly either. Your dogs a so cute. My DD has a yorkie-chihuahua mix that looks just like yours. I always pick up a Christmas ornament or two trip also. Now I have so many I have decide which ones I will use every year :rofl2:

The last time we came (two years ago) we brought a trailer with our golf cart and assorted chairs, riding toys, etc. My DIl had it posted on Facebook before we even got out of the neighborhood...our friends are still laughing at us. I'll see if I can find the picture...I guess its still on Facebook.

19587210209235813621773.jpg

By rladams at 2011-07-18

All we need is an old grandma sitting on top smoking a pipe!