Campground recommendation near Brunswick, GA

Does anyone have a campground recommendation in the area of Brunswick, Georgia? I found a place called Coastal RV Resort in the Trailer Life Directory. It has good ratings and appears fairly new. I'd like to hear any reviews if someone has stayed there.

I'm open to any other recommendations in that area. I'd prefer it not be too far off I95 though. I just need a place to overnight on the way to the Fort :banana:

Thanks.

Never stayed there, but I have heard good things about Coastal Rv as well. I am actually shooting for there when we head down in November. Still haven't decided if I'll pop up for the night or find a hotel, depends on the time. Disney is 3.5-4 hours from there I believe.

Best Regards,

Norm

We over-nighted at Coastal RV in June. Park is still new and trees are small so no interference with satellite...just don't expect any shade. Steady electrical voltage, hookups are all on one pedestal placed about mid-way of the pull thru. Only a couple miles off I-95 so it is quiet. Nice long pull thru sites...the ones along the lake/pond are back-ins only. Room to put out your awning. Bushes between each site so you don't feel like you are sitting on top of your neighbor. Bathrooms/showers very clean, clean pool (not large but adequate) and grounds nicely mowed and tended. You can fish in the lake (catch and release). Only one local grocery store nearby so bring what you need and not much by way of restaurants. FlyingJ (it has a Denny's Restaurant) is located at the same exit as Coastal RV. We felt it was a little expensive for just an overnight stop but if you're a member you can get a Good Sam 10% discount. Here are a few pictures...

DSCN8260.jpg

DSCN8264.jpg

DSCN8266.jpg

DSCN8275.jpg

DSCN8278.jpg

DSCN8276.jpg

DSCN8277.jpg

I too can vouch for this campground.... Its a perfect overnight stop. I have used this campground twice over the last couple of years and it has worked out great.

We have always called ahead and made a reservation to make sure we got a spot. We have always arrived after the office has closed and our "packet" and site assignment has always been attached to a board outside the office when we got there...

It's a spotless property, easy on and off I-95. Easy fuel stops and places to eat. Highly recommend it.

Duane

This isn't exactly an overnight stop but it isn't too far off I-95 so it could be.

http://www.jekyllisland.com/WheretoStay/Campground.aspx

When we were kids we spent nearly every spring break camping on Jekyll Island at the campground. Back then (1960s &70s) there wasn't a lot on the island and it was so peaceful at the end of the island.

I made a detour a few years back to show my girls the place where I made so many happy memories at their ages. I was shocked at all the building that has taken place on the island we were once told permanent residents would never be allowed to live on. The CG looked a lot smaller than I remembered but still had a safe, relaxing feel to it. The views from the beach across from the CG are even more stunning at sunset than I remembered - and being older I actually appreciated the view more than digging sand-dollars out of the sand this time...

We also stayed overnight at Coastal RV on our way to WDW in June. It was good for an overnight stop and very clean. Tow vehicles must be pulled in behind your camper. When we were there, I didn't see any kids and could tell from some signage that a Good Sam rally was going on.

I'd stay again for an overnight but wouldn't choose it for a longer stay. Not enough amenities for a high-maintenance camper like me!