Select Disney Cruise Line merchandise for sale off ships

From the Daily Disney...

Select Disney Cruise Line merchandise for sale off ships

A Mom and The Mouse, Kristin Ford — posted by kristin ford on July, 27 2011 1:11 AM

DCL-merchandise-online-THUMB.jpgDisneyStore.com now carries some Disney Cruise Line merchandise. (DisneyStore.com)

For the first time, current Disney Cruise Line merchandise is available at a location other than onboard the Dream, Wonder and Magic ships. DisneyStore.com has begun stocking DCL items, StitchKingdom.com first reported.

Beginning Monday, Aug. 1 — the official launch date of the program — customers will be able to search disneycruise.com/store to find a variety of goods, a DCL spokesperson confirmed. The current line includes T-shirts, sweatshirts, hats and mouse ears for children and adults; a photo album, frames and a scrapbooking kit; a tote bags and a compact umbrella; a Christmas ornament; a couple of plush characters; and more.

Previously, only discontinued DCL merchandise could be found off the ships at Walt Disney World’s two outlet stores, Disney ’s Character Warehouse and Disney’s Character Warehouse.

I’m excited to see select DCL merchandise available to the general public and would have loved to have this resource when we were planning our family vacations. I like the idea of being able use DCL gifts to reveal to kids the special trip awaiting them. And, of course, many travelers will appreciate being able to purchase souvenirs that they might have forgotten while onboard.

Please tell us in the comments which DCL merchandise you’d like to see online.

I love getting the items half off at the outlets! We went in 2005, and bought some nice things on the ship, and were happy about it. Well, in mid 2006 we were in the outlet store in Orlando and saw DCL 2005 beach towels for $4.99!! We did not buy those on ship, but for $4.99, we bought a couple. We also bought a 2005 DCL photo album for $3.99. What a nice little surprise to come upon those deals!! The next time we went, I bought my husband a Pirates IN the Carribean T-shirt for probably $7 or $8. Very Cool!!