I love Disney Parades. That being said, I tend not to go to them anymore. When my kids were younger, I would mark out a spot VERY EARLY with my rented double wide stroller. I would time it so the kids had a snack in our spot and the DH could just relax. PROBLEM:  Just as the parade starts? people show up in droves. Parents  make their way over and push and shove so that their little one could get a closer look. I don?t mind the parent who asks nicely, ?can my son/daughter just move up a bit?... However, when ?little Johnny ? is sitting on your shoulders and you r 6 feet tall and you shove me out of the way?  I DO CARE!!! How dare you push your way in front of me/my kids who have been patiently waiting for the past 45 min.

My kids are much older and taller now so it is not a problem for us. They would much rather spend their time on the rides during the parades these days.

Here?s the thing: We r traveling with another family this time the youngest child will be 2 ? and her mom really wants to take her to the parades.  I need some successful strategies to take on this parade thing again.

Where is the best place you have been to watch with young children?

How long before the parade starts do you get there?

What do you do if people push past you, get in your way and are just downright rude?

Any helpfully advice would be much appreciated.  TIA!!!

I agree, we generally try to avoid parades for the exact reason you mention.  If we want to catch the parade, we try to find spots in Frontierland. We got a good spot by Pecos Bills for  MSEP about 1/2 hour before the parade started and we were able to grab some food/snacks while we waited. 

Best place in general we have found.

Right across the street from the Diamond Horseshoe there is a small area, where people can only stand a few rows deep. This is because this area gets cut-off somewhat by the parade route ropes. This is also just to the left of a refreshment cart (as you face it from the Horseshoe), so you can grab a drink or snack & wait for the parade. It used to be well shaded, but they cut one tree back & replanted another. Also, it is not an area where you really have to get there early.

Two other things I like about this location:

1) if the parade has started, you can reach it from behind by the walkway that runs between Haunted Mansion & BTMRR/Splash Mtn. (Ok, so you do have to go over/under the rope from the walkway & take a couple of steps through a flower bed)

2) After the parade is over, you can go straight across to a cut through to Adventure Land, not to mention you walk right past the restrooms.

When the kids were little, we would watch all the parades, but now, not so much.  On our last trip, we were there because our kids were doing the Magic Music Days with their high school marching band.  The only parade we watched was the pre-parade that they were in.

The band is going again this April, with just our DD, but alas, we're not going. :banana:

I would like to see the evening parade at MK again though.  Next time, I guess.

I like away from the main street area, way too crowded.  I do like to see all the parades but I haven't seen the new (old) lighted parade they brought back.  I have only seen the Spectromagic.  That was a weird one that grew on me.  The beginning people on it were scary...lol

I agree, we generally try to avoid parades for the exact reason you mention.  If we want to catch the parade, we try to find spots in Frontierland. We got a good spot by Pecos Bills for  MSEP about 1/2 hour before the parade started and we were able to grab some food/snacks while we waited.

That's our favorite spot too. There is a ledge to sit on and nobody can get in front of you unless they want to be part of the parade :rofl2:

doodlebug

• 2 weeks later...

I will tell you the absolute best place to watch from........BUT you gotta promise not to tell anyone else.

Is it from the Meadows pool with a cold drink in hand?

No...actually Daisy almost had it right.  I take the kids for a late supper to Pecos Bills about 20 min before parade time.  Grab a seat on the

outside veranda and eat and drink as the parade goes by about five feet from you.