I'm near Fort Worth TX and take my Dagger Zydeco flat water kayak to the Fort Worth Nature Center and to Mineral Wells State Park.

Mineral Wells doesn't allow bigger boats and skiing so the water is usually pretty calm. A big plus. It's nice to camp with the kayaks.

The Nature Center is on one of "The Forks' of the Trinity River (west fork, clear fork???) between Eagle Mountain Lake and Lake Worth. The kayaking all depends on if they are letting water out of the Eagle Mountain Lake dam. I prefer it calm. It's where I took my Red Cross Canoe Certification class. I found out after the fact that there are alligators. Makes me wonder if they are still having people walk their canoes out to the middle of the lake to practice getting in and out. Gives a new meaning to Do Not Feed the Alligators!

I have seen quite a few people have kayaks mounted to the racks on trucks and campers but never off.

Lou is right, if they allowed it the creeks in FW and Bay Lake would be full of boats and people doing no telling what.

I have occasionally seen people use kayaks that they brought with them in the canals.

The last time was some folks who had a site that backed up to the canal on the 500 loop.

Nobody really watches what goes on in the canals. If you stay away from the little lake in front of the Bike Barn, it is unlikely that anyone would stop you from using a private kayak in the canals.

Bay Lake is a different story- you would be stopped there in a heartbeat.

The new golf cart rule sheet clearly states no private watercraft may be used at the Fort.

It is pretty cheap, by Disney standards, to rent a canoe or kayak from the Bike Barn. It's probably not worth having an issue by bringing your own.

TCD