ONE minute after midnight 499 days in advance and it's booked?!!!

At midnight 499 days in advance, I attempted to book a premium (or full is fine) site for December 24th 2012....and all that's available are tent sites???!!!! :argh:

What the heck?!!

I couldn't have done anything different. Waited to the exact moment to book and WHAM!!! FULL???? NO WAY!!!!!

Please tell me this isn't so!

I plan to call at 7am sharp in the morning and hope for better news.....

Pixie dust please!

This kind of thing goes on with National parks too. People have some kind of software program that beats everyone out for the sites. They are literally gone in 20 seconds. Of course then they pop up on Craigslist for 10x their value.

I wouldn't worry. Keep trying They haven't loaded all the sites as available yet. I never seem to be able to get my Dec ressie till Jan

I called at 7am. No change. The cast member I spoke to said pretty much the same thing you did. He said that not all of the sites are loaded yet and to keep trying. He suggested waiting until the 499th day from our last day there. (Jan 4th) I am just sooo afraid I'm going to miss the boat here...

:panic:

He suggested waiting until the 499th day from our last day there. (Jan 4th) I am just sooo afraid I'm going to miss the boat here...

:panic:

No need to panic. You do need to wait until 499 from last day of reservation, as you can only book dates within the 499 day window. On the first day you would only be able to book the first day of your reservation....

No need to panic!

Judy or Rhonda?
They are members of the board who happen to be travel agents (great ones from what I hear)

I wouldn't worry. Keep trying They haven't loaded all the sites as available yet. I never seem to be able to get my Dec ressie till Jan

Carol is right on the money here. They probably have not loaded them and when they do, it may not even be for a week or more from now. They will load blocks of dates. It may be the whole month, week or just a group. No way you can figure out when that day will be except to just keep trying. I have stuggled with this in the past. Working with Rhonda is a great idea. Don't worry though, very seldom do sites "sell out" at Fort in the first 50 to 100 days they are available.

Oh just wanted to add that I really doubt that anyone is "computer" reserving up sites to resell. Only a travel agent could reasonably do this and so few even know the Fort exists, much less would grab sites to resell at higher prices (which I am sure would also risk their access to Disney Reservations system), that I am pretty sure there is slim to no chance this is occuring.

:puter: Try reserving two weeks. If you get that then call and cancel the days you don't want, sometimes that works. Just cancel the extra days right away, so you don't screw other people up.

Oh just wanted to add that I really doubt that anyone is "computer" reserving up sites to resell. Only a travel agent could reasonably do this and so few even know the Fort exists, much less would grab sites to resell at higher prices (which I am sure would also risk their access to Disney Reservations system), that I am pretty sure there is slim to no chance this is occuring.

I'm glad to hear that. I didn't really think anyone could get away with reselling on Disney but I did think people may be using software to reserve popular dates like Christmas. I'm certainly relieved to hear it's not the case.

Thanks everyone!

My heartbeat has returned to normal. I am now filling my time with Disney stuff. It'll be a great excuse to be surfing each and every day. :dance:

Plus, with the kindness of the Fort clan I am reading about, I am sure there will be someone who will allow us to pitch a tent if needed! ;)

• 2 weeks later...