I am planning to purchase an annual pass for the first time but was waiting until we arrive in October to purchase them. I am planning to reserve some of the activities at the F&W Fest at EPCOT now but heard that there may be some discounts available to pass holders. I am directed to a site that only pass holders can log into. If it makes sense I would buy the passes early, but if not would like to hold onto my money until October.

Is there a list available for these special discounts ?

Thanks

AP holders can get discounts on the Mon-Thurs events which are generally the less expensive seminars (you save a few dollars per person).

I don't believe they're offering any discounts on the bigger/weekend events.

While you can book a lot of the F&W events online, you have to call to get the AP discount.

From what I've read on the Disney site, you can only get the discount if you book ahead - i.e., you can't get it if you sign up for an event on the day of.

More info on event listings, discounts, etc. on THIS THREAD.

Have fun!!

It is my understanding the the discounts vary and are posted as they come up. We subscribe to the All Ears.Com newsletter, and they send all sorts of info to us about Disney goings on. The annual pass will be from the date you actually activate it at the park, so if you buy it ahead of your trip you will still have 366 days of use. We bought ours earlier than our trip to avoid the price increase that was coming up. Look on allears and you might find the typical discounts available.

I forgot to mention - you don't need to have your AP in hand in order to call and get the AP discounts on F&W events. You will be asked to produce it when you collect your tickets at will call.

This applies to AP discounts on rooms also (if they're being offered). You don't have to give out your AP number ahead of time to get the discount, but you'll need to show it at check in to get that rate.