From the Disney Food Blog

New Boneless Chicken Wings and Frozen Drinks at the Animal Kingdom

Oct 12th, 2011 by AJ.

As I was slogging through the rain at the Animal Kingdom in Disney World last Saturday, I was starving.

Let me say — I’m rarely starving in Disney World. I usually book two or three meals per day, so my stomach doesn’t get much of a break. But last Saturday I hadn’t eaten a thing, it was going on 2pm, and I was on a mission to get pics of a new cupcake (post coming soon!), so didn’t have time to stop into a counter-service joint and battle the lines.

Introducing…the Animal Kingdom “Boneless Chicken Wings!”

So just when I was resigned to having zero sustenance, I came upon this place:

corn-dog-nuggets-place-has-been-switched-to-all-chicken-nuggets-500x375.jpg

Boneless Wings Ahoy!

If you voted in our Corn Dog Nuggets VS. Spring Rolls post last year, you know that this little shack on the route between Africa and Asia in Disney’s Animal Kingdom used to serve Corn Dog Nuggets.

These days, however, it’s purely a new menu of “boneless chicken wings,” which are pretty much chicken nuggets as far as I can tell!

Chicken-nuggets-menu-456x525.jpg

Chicken Nuggets Take Over for Corn Dog Nuggets

I chose to sample the Teriyaki “wings” on this very rainy day, and let me tell you — they were awesome. This could easily be because I was SO starving that just about anything would have tasted good. It could also be that I’m a big fan of Disney chicken nuggets, and this was my first taste of them during the trip. Either way — these really hit the spot!

The sauce was sweet and savory at the same time — as it should be — and had great flavor. I also liked this addition of a few sesame seeds on top.

chicken-nuggets-with-sauces-and-apples-500x375.jpg

Teriyaki Chicken Nuggets with Sauces and Apples

You can still purchase spring rolls at the counter-service location across the way, so there were several sauces available at the shared “condiment bar.”

Introducing…the Maharaja Margarita!

Now, on my way over to a small seating area that was (thankfully) under cover, I passed by this fabulous little location, which I believe is brand new in the AK:

brand-new-frozen-alcoholic-bev-place-500x375.jpg

New Bar!

This has recently been set up as a little oasis selling frozen alcoholic drinks, beers, and water. I’d heard about it from friends, and couldn’t wait to try it!

margarita-place-menu-393x525.jpg

Bar Menu

When I finally decided to order the Maharaja Margarita, the cast member gave me a tiny little cup of the stuff and told me it was a sample so that I could make sure I wanted to purchase a whole glass.

What?! Frozen Margarita samples?!?

So of course I asked to sample another of the drinks as well! Here’s the Bali Hai Daiquiri with rum, strawberry, and blueberry syrup. YUM!

sample-of-the-Bali-Hai-frozen-drink-500x375.jpg

sample of the Bali Hai Daiquiri

The Maharaja Margarita tasted to me like many of the other frozen margaritas on property, but others have told me that they tasted a bit of spice in there! This makes sense since listed in the ingredients is a “splash of Habanero-Lime.” You’ll have to let me know what you taste when you get yours!!

Meal-of-New-Menus-teriyaki-nuggets-and-maharaja-margarita-393x525.jpg

All-New Meal in the Animal Kingdom

This was, honestly, one of my favorite meals from my trip. There’s just something about indulging in chicken nuggets and a frozen margarita when you’re extremely hungry…in the Animal Kingdom…in the pouring rain… Man, that really sticks to yer ribs! icon_wink.gif

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/10/12/new-boneless-chicken-wings-and-frozen-drinks-at-the-animal-kingdom/