Tallulah Gorge State Park, NE Georgia

We went the first of October to stay at Tallulah Gorge State Park for my niece's wedding. We loved this campground!! A few things to note though, there is no sewer hookup and the bathrooms were just so-so. Our friend's loaned us one of those dump thingys on wheels, so we could shower in the camper!

We were site 39. It was a pull through site (good thing because the roads are a bit tight getting to). I was telling Lorna that we have a "new to us" truck to tow with....not really ours but my boss is letting us use one of his trucks for towing. It is a Ford F350 Diesel, so the wheel base is much longer than the Suburban. It tows like a dream but would've been tight backing into those sites - yeah for pull thru sites! Not sure if all sites are like this, but you share a power box with a neighbor and there is only ONE 30amp and one 50amp. So unless your neighbor happens to be a 50amper....you have to use an adapter. We had read reviews so we had purchased an adapter just in case. Sure enough, a trailer pulled in a couple hours after us and couldn't plug in, so we switched to the 50amp with an adapter.

There is a really short hike from the campground to the Gorge. The Gorge is beautiful! We hike all through it, did some Geocaching (a lot of fun!!). We also drove to the Blue Ridge Parkway. The leaves were just starting to turn, so we saw some color too. Here are a few pics.

DSC01682.jpg

Front of the campsite. It was breezy all weekend so we never opened our awning. The weather was just too nice anyway!

DSC01686.jpg

Rear of the campsite

DSC01706.jpg

Playground right across from our campsite. Kids loved it!!!

DSC01719.jpg

Picture of the gorge waterfall from one of our hikes.

DSC01722.jpg

Picture of the Gorge. That is the interpretive center on the other side.

DSC01721.jpg

Yes, we hiked this!! Lots of steps, but it goes to a Suspension Bridge that crosses the gorge. It is beautiful. Totally worth the steps, but you'll have your cardio worked for about a week!!

DSC01580.jpg

Don't want to get off topic too much, but this is a picture from the top of Waterrock Knob on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We were only about an hour and a half to Cherokee, NC where we hopped on the parkway. I love the mountains!!

The new truck towed in the mountains wonderful! Even w/out trailer breaks.....long story but we did get that problem fixed. This was a much less stressful trip than when we went in January - and so nice to go w/out worrying about the Suburban towing :) I love my boss! :)

The sites look very simillar to Red Top Mountain State park just north of Atlanta. Even down to the concrete picnic tables. We were very impressed with Red Top mountian and makes us want to explore GA state parkes further next year. Great pics and report