We were surprised to find a campground INSIDE the Washington beltway. Near 95 and the Baltimore-Washington Parkway. Greenbelt is a beautiful park. Lots of trails, picnic areas and camping. There is a central dump station and water available around the camping areas. But no water or electric hookups. This time of year very few visitors staying in the campground. It's close to Metro stations, easy to go sight-seeing in D.C. We saw deer wandering around the camping area.

The shower/bath rooms are clean with good hot water.

This land was to be the second phase of a planned community, the first was built in the Roosevelt days as a walk to everything town. This second section was never developed. The National Park Service aquired the park's land in the 1950s. I grew up in Arlington, VA and had never heard of it. My friend living in the next county over in MD hadn't either.

http://www.nps.gov/gree/index.htm

Stayed there during April vacation with the family this past spring and had a great time. Unfortunately, the ticks and chiggers were pretty bad and kept us in the trailer when we were in the campground. Found ticks all over the gear outside (we brought a small generator to top off the batteries part way through the trip and it was covered with ticks one day, as was my outdoor storage container. Looked like a fantastic place to explore, just need good repellent and frequent tick checks!

There are signs warning about the ticks and chiggers. We were lucky, didn't find any, but also did not take the dogs walking in the woods.

Did see a lot of what I've been told are stink bugs. Even found them in camper while cleaning it here in Florida. Those I killed, the ones found in MD were sent out the door.