Since we always stay on Disney property, usually Fort Wilderness and a DVC, I don't have an answer to a question someone asked of me. Perhaps you guys know. If you are staying off property, is it possible to valet park at the Contemporary, even if you don't have an ADR, then walk over to the MK for the day? I wasn't sure if there is a guard at the gate who will ask you for your ADR reservation number and check your name.

We won't have this problem since we're staying at Fort Wilderness in December, but my niece was asking since she is staying at a time share and only going to MK one day next Monday.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Possible? Should be.

Will they check at the guard shack? Depends.

We've been stopped at the guard shack and asked (we did have an ADR) but many people report that unless it's a busy day/time of year, they are unlikely to check to confirm you actually have the ADR.

That said, we weren't valet parking that time so I'm not sure if the "rules" are different in that case. Since you are paying to park for valet, I would assume Disney doesn't have as much of a problem with this (vs those looking to skirt the $14 general parking fee).

I'm assuming they want to park there because it'll save them a little time getting to MK? I suppose that's true as it's a relatively short walk to MK - probably quicker than taking a parking tram then ferry/monorail.

Thanks folks. Yes, they have strollers and the like and since it's only one day and one park they'd like to make it as easy as possible to get to MK. I told them to park in TTC but they like the idea, especially at the end of a long day, to just drive the stroller to the parking lot. I also told them to try and make a breakfast reservation at the Contemporary for something, so they are legal. Yes, you are correct, they are not trying to get it for free, but more for convenience.

They are going this Monday, not with us in December. I'm thinking Monday is usually a bad day for MK as it is, but it's been our experience that Mon-Wed of Thanksgiving week is very slow until they are slammed on Friday (even Thursday). We've done that week many times and that's usually what happens.

Thanks all for the replies. I'm sure she'll figure it out.

Happy Thanksgiving!

To valet park I would think no problem, we had to park there when we did the Magic Behind the Steam tour but our friends tried to park there later and told security they had breakfast ressies and were given a time limit on how long they could park, but that was over 5 years ago.