Who would have thought the carousel was so dangerous!

This was in my local paper today.  I think I need to think about some safety gear for my kids before they ride the carousel anymore.

Disney World reports 1 death in Fla. state update

(AP)

A 77-year-old woman collapsed and died at Walt Disney World in December after riding a carousel.

The Orlando Sentinel said Sunday that Disney reported the death as part of a quarterly injury report. Florida's big theme parks have an agreement with the state to report guest injuries in exchange for avoiding state ride-safety regulation.

The report indicated the woman had a pre-existing heart condition before she rode the Prince Charming Regal Carousel.

Walt Disney World reported two other injuries in the fourth quarter of last year. A 71-year-old woman broke a hip and shoulder after riding the carousel and a 76-year-old woman injured her leg after falling on a moving platform for another ride.

No other parks reported injuries in the quarter.

___

Information from: Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com

(This version CORRECTS spelling of 'carousel.')

:banana: :dance: :)

After our trip in December I would say the most dangerous "ride" for older people are the queues to get on the tram or the ferry leaving MK. My Mama is 4'10 and 76 years of age, she was almost trampled in the line. It was unreal. I am very careful with her anywhere we go. She actually said this to me at one point because I hold her hand all the time, "people are gonna think I'm 'like that'" I almost  :rofl2: I told her if I was gay that I hoped I could find a sexier partner than her! I still hold her hand!!