From WDW Magic...

Magic Kingdom Christmas Tree to be in place Dec 6

Dec 02, 2011

The finishing touches will be put onto the Magic Kingdom's holiday decor with the Christmas Tree being on display in Town Square from December 6 2011. The tree is delayed each year due to the requirements of the ABC Christmas Day Parade taping early in December of each year.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Events/Holidays-at-the-Magic-Kingdom/News/02Dec2011-Magic-Kingdom-Christmas-Tree-to-be-in-place-Dec-6.htm

Another cool tidbit I found out about the parade taping. They set the large clock to 12noon and turn it off. It was at 12 noon all day Sunday also. I asked a CM in our group about it, and he told me the story. He also told me that sometimes it takes a couple of weeks for somebody to remember to turn it back on again and reset it. :faceplant2:

Another cool tidbit I found out about the parade taping. They set the large clock to 12noon and turn it off. It was at 12 noon all day Sunday also. I asked a CM in our group about it, and he told me the story. He also told me that sometimes it takes a couple of weeks for somebody to remember to turn it back on again and reset it. :faceplant2:

That's interesting!

When we were there for the taping a couple of years ago, I noticed that they had the clock on Main Street covered with wreaths- so the time wouldn't show up at all.

I assume you're talking about the clock on the castle?

TCD

That's interesting!

When we were there for the taping a couple of years ago, I noticed that they had the clock on Main Street covered with wreaths- so the time wouldn't show up at all.

I assume you're talking about the clock on the castle?

TCD

No, the big clock on Main Street where folks usually document that they were at the MK till 3am