I like the 1400 outer loop, especailly the few sites that back toward the meadows.

Hello Ken and Judy ............. We also really like the sites in the 1400 Loop that back-up toward the meadow.  In 2008 we took our pop-up (Blue Roof Inn) much cheaper on gas and were assigned site #1431.  That was before they upgraded it to a premium and it is one of the biggest sites in the 1400 Loop.  The next year after the loop was upgraded my wife and I traveled with my BIL and SIL and pulled his 32' Rockwood and we had hoped to get the same site but were assigned site #1433 and it was not as large but still worked out well for us.

DSCN2662.jpg

DSCN2679.jpg

DSCN2665.jpg

DSCN2950.jpg

Doug / datgrt@fw

1431 may be our favorite site at the Fort.  We have only been able to grab it once.  We love the 1400 loop since our children are younger, it is very convenient to the "action".

Hello anolefan .......... Our favorite full hook-up site is also 1431and favorite partial hook-up is site 1513.  We have camped many times in the 1400 Loop and have only been assigned site 1431 twice.  We have been very fortunate to be able to stay in 1513 many times when we only needed a partial hook-up site.

Doug / datgrt@fw

1431 may be our favorite site at the Fort.  We have only been able to grab it once.  We love the 1400 loop since our children are younger, it is very convenient to the "action".

Hello anolefan .......... Our favorite full hook-up site is also 1431and favorite partial hook-up is site 1513.  We have camped many times in the 1400 Loop and have only been assigned site 1431 twice.  We have been very fortunate to be able to stay in 1513 many times when we only needed a partial hook-up site.

Doug / datgrt@fw

1431 is a popular site for sure.  We ask everytime we arrive just for fun, and got lucky the one time.  Site 1513,  I'll definitely remember that site.  I like the look of the 1500 loop, but we probably won't stay in a partial untl the kids are a bit older, or just for an adults visit. 

Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Doug (datgrt@fw),  I love the Blue Roof Inn.  What did you do to accommadate the air conditioner..just cut a hole, or is it fitted somehow to avoid trapping rain water under the blue roof?

Hello Ken ........ I really apologize for the very late response to your question!  I have not checked out this thread in a long time as you can tell. 

Many years ago I purchased the biggest tarp I could find and positioned it on top of our Pop-Up and after making sure I had enough overhang all around the camper to protect it from rain and also to provide shade I marked the area for the A/C.  After cutting out the hole I re-enforced the cut area with many layers of 'duct' tape!  I am one of those people that believe duct tape is a good fix for many things! (I am not sure my wife agrees!)  We have used this set-up many times and it has really worked out well for us!  We have also used the Pop-Up without the 'Blue Roof' and the water from the A/C runs off the top of the camper the same with or without the tarp on it.  It doesn't look the best but it sure provides the protection from the weather and also gives us plenty of shade all around the Pop-Up. 

So, if any of the Fort Fiends ever see the 'Blue Roof Inn' set-up at the Fort please stop in and say hello!

Doug   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...