The Accidental Full Timers With Children - What The Fort!

Love the Space stuff

We have a lot of that stuff at the Space & Rocket Center not 5 miles from my house, but do I go see it..... Noooooooo

The last time I was there was when my son graduated Space Camp in 5th grade (and he is 24 now)

Our Saturn 5 is in this big building suspended horizontally and you can book the building for meetings, receptions, and parties. The same son's company has their Christmas party there

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Eyes... My Eyes... Somebody Stop the Slide show... PLEASE Now for that park you've been asking for..... Glacier National Park. A few things to remember: 1. The Fort AT Halloween has more parking

The pictures don't even compare to the original... awesome. That is quite ironic about Minnie. We had no idea! here is the thing on the pictures. we don't post kid picks online. All the recent pict

sorry about the same picture showing up multiple times.... I have removed it but for the one that's should be there. Was having issues with the pictures showing up at all and then didn't check it aft

WOW! What a great read. I couldn't stop,read the whole thing tonight.

This is my goal in the near future(after our first trip to the fort). My husband & I want to travel around this beautiful country in our RV.

Thank you for all the wonderful information :heartsmiley:

Michele

Wow. You must be tired! I am glad you are enjoying it. There is so much to see in this great country. If you have any questions about fulltiming just pm me.

Love the Space stuff

We have a lot of that stuff at the Space & Rocket Center not 5 miles from my house, but do I go see it..... Noooooooo

The last time I was there was when my son graduated Space Camp in 5th grade (and he is 24 now)

Our Saturn 5 is in this big building suspended horizontally and you can book the building for meetings, receptions, and parties. The same son's company has their Christmas party there

Ohh... if only you'd been old enough to be my Mom.. I'd have gotten to go to Space Camp! You Rock!

I understand the not seeing things that you live near. We lived in New Jersey for two years and I only saw things if we were taking visitors to. Didn't see the Empire State building, Top of the Rock. didin't step on Ellis Islans/Statue of Liberty ... what was the point? I could go whenever I wanted... Silly me!

Hey Nicki, I somehow missed this last update while I was gone.

I've never been much into space stuff, though I've been called spacey...does that count?

What's your next adventure? Any more pirates involved? :rofl2:

I've never been much into space stuff, though I've been called spacey...does that count?

What's your next adventure? Any more pirates involved? :rofl2:

Spacey counts. Spacey can be fun too!

We wil be lacking in the adventure for a few weeks. We are in the "gotta get things done" mode. We are getting Dr. appt, tax prep, hair cuts, storage dump, vehicle inspections, passports and family visits done. We will not (hopefully) be returning to west of the Mississippi for almost an entire year.

You know what that means peeps?

1. The Adventures will be fewer for the next few weeks (family visits don't exactly contribue to lots of pictures.... needing to shoot Tequila... yes... pictures NO.)

2. It is almost time to wrap this TR up (in a month or so).

3. I will be launching a new TR sometime after mid-april

4. I'm already working on that TR's Name.

5. Guess where it ends up?

As for the pirates... maybe you and I should go hunting together.... :dropjaw:

• 4 weeks later...

If you Ain't Got No Photos To Share Then Wrap It Up!! (Officially)

Since we haven't done much that was fun for the past few weeks and it doesn't look as if we are gonna be doing anything post worthy. I am going to add another quick non photo update and it's time to shut this one down.

We have spent two of the last three weeks visting family (with more visits to come). I estimate that four out of the next 7 weeks will be spent mingling with family (sitting on my tush wishing I was on zee road).

We are currently updating our home to make it more like a home (amazing what a good floor and upholstery can do). Other than the new floor, the hitch and the upholstery, Shawn has replaced the brackets that hold the windows open(except for front and back windows), the 1970's (broken) light fixture covers, the shower curtains, and the entire bathroom light fixture. It's somewhat amazing that those 1970's fixtures lasted this long and how poor the light coming out was. I swear it's like I have an all new bathroom, all because I can see it!

We are also testing (liking so far) a new GPS (Rand McNally TripMaker RVND) and a new Tire Pressure Monitoring System (DH is on his way to pick it up now).

I am about to place the order for the homeschooling materials. So that is were we stand or sit or whatever.... until I launch the next TR. I hope it will be of longer duration and much more interesting.....

Sounds like hubby is making the home, homier. Bummer about visiting with family...don't get me wrong, I love (most of) my family, but I find I enjoy them more in very small doses. ;)

Hope you get to do some fun stuff soon...preferably more pirate-y stuff. :smug:

I've enjoyed reading your adventures, and look forward to more.

Sounds like hubby is making the home, homier. Bummer about visiting with family...don't get me wrong, I love (most of) my family, but I find I enjoy them more in very small doses. ;)

Hope you get to do some fun stuff soon...preferably more pirate-y stuff. :smug:

I've enjoyed reading your adventures, and look forward to more.

one day you and I will have a pirate-y adventures... I promise!

Sorry to see it end!! It was a GREAT adventure!!

Ditto!! :heartsmiley:

The adventure continues but this TR ends. Only to start a new one in a few weeks... I think you'll like the title of the new TR too.

• 4 weeks later...