Mickey just turned 14 last week, and I am having issues with his mortality. Fortuneately, he is still active and in relatively good health. He does love camping. His last trip to the Fort was when he was 12, and his most recent camping trip was to the Poconos at age 13. I have had to accommodate him re. His age and physical limitations. Shorter walks, more nap times, keeping the heat up in the camper in the cooler evenings for him. Just try to keep Rudy comfortable, help him into the trailer if necessary, make sure he has a nice soft bed in his own area in the trailer. God willing, Mickey will be making another trip to the Fort this September. I know he loves camping, and we couldn't make it out of the driveway without him without hurting his feelings.

I need a dog. I love my cats, one hamster and a guinea pig, but I need a dog. I grew up with dogs my whole life before marriage. When my oldest was three, I got this beautiful black lab pup from a co-worker who couldn't keep him. Before he came home, I had the big talk about the dog being part of the family, not something to choose lightly. Everyone agreed. He came home and we had a blast for a few weeks, but DW was not a dog person and she made me an ultimatum, said it was either her or the dog. I told her she'd have an answer in the morning. The look on her face was priceless, but darn it I loved that dog.

I need a dog.

I need a dog. I love my cats, one hamster and a guinea pig, but I need a dog. I grew up with dogs my whole life before marriage. When my oldest was three, I got this beautiful black lab pup from a co-worker who couldn't keep him. Before he came home, I had the big talk about the dog being part of the family, not something to choose lightly. Everyone agreed. He came home and we had a blast for a few weeks, but DW was not a dog person and she made me an ultimatum, said it was either her or the dog. I told her she'd have an answer in the morning. The look on her face was priceless, but darn it I loved that dog.

I need a dog.

You are a brave man. But that is awesome!!