Wow - your pictures bring back memories!  I love Fort Desoto!!  We haven't camped there in a few years -- I think we're due for another trip!  Thanks for sharing!  :partythree:

Thanks!  I'm glad you enjoyed the photos.

We love Fort Desoto and try to get there twice a year if possible, ressies are still tough to come by.

We camped there once, it's not far from us. Every time I try to get reses they are booked. Rich brings the boat over there. I do know that for the bigger MH's they can be tight. I think MagicBus had an issure with his MH over there and said he wouldn't go back.

I think MagicBus had an issure with his MH over there and said he wouldn't go back.

Good memory Lorna.

Nice place, but like too many govt. run parks, it's not geared for the larger class As. I think I can handle a big rig as well as anyone and I had a heck of a time getting our 40 footer in without scratching it on the palm trees that line the site. Plus if you've spent all that money on a class A, you want to make full use of it. With no sewer hookup or cable, it takes away from the experience. Too bad, we liked it other than that. It needs to be upgraded for the 40 foot plus newer rigs.

We camped for the first time at Ft. Desoto over New Years.  I looked at every site's picture online and figured out a couple we wanted and then got up at midnight on 6 months to the first day of our trip to book it.  We had site 133 and LOVED IT......We enjoyed it so much we are going back for Memorial Day and 4th of July.  Both of those trips I didn't plan as well and we don't have nearly as good of a site. 

Great pictures!! 

Guest starbuc71

we have camped here many times.  The best were the guys weekend fishing trips, but the last time I took the family it was tight, crowded, dusty and if you didn't want to hang at the beach, the kids got bored quick.  Since going to Disney, I doubt we will go back to Fort Desoto.  And I agree, getting ressies there is like pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

Good memory Lorna.

Nice place, but like too many govt. run parks, it's not geared for the larger class As. I think I can handle a big rig as well as anyone and I had a heck of a time getting our 40 footer in without scratching it on the palm trees that line the site. Plus if you've spent all that money on a class A, you want to make full use of it. With no sewer hookup or cable, it takes away from the experience. Too bad, we liked it other than that. It needs to be upgraded for the 40 foot plus newer rigs.

Agreed on that, but our littl pup fits nicely there.  Although the first area would be tight even for our rig.  The tent, popup loop that is.

We camped for the first time at Ft. Desoto over New Years.  I looked at every site's picture online and figured out a couple we wanted and then got up at midnight on 6 months to the first day of our trip to book it.  We had site 133 and LOVED IT......We enjoyed it so much we are going back for Memorial Day and 4th of July.  Both of those trips I didn't plan as well and we don't have nearly as good of a site. 

Great pictures!! 

Thanks!  Area 3 is what  you want I'm pretty sure.  Most all are on the water, and are awesome.

we have camped here many times.  The best were the guys weekend fishing trips, but the last time I took the family it was tight, crowded, dusty and if you didn't want to hang at the beach, the kids got bored quick.  Since going to Disney, I doubt we will go back to Fort Desoto.  And I agree, getting ressies there is like pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

Definitely is dusty!  And, I agree about the kids getting bored.  We had family camping next to us so they kept our children entertained when we couldn't :rofl2: