From the Disney Food Blog...

Review: Waldorf Orlando Bull and Bear Lounge New Menu

Jan 5th, 2012 by AJ.

It’s no secret that I LURVE the Bull and Bear Steakhouse at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando. This place is phenomenal, and with a location in the middle of Walt Disney World property, it’s well worth trying if you haven’t been there yet.

Bull-and-Bear-outside-in-300x460.jpg

Entryway

Now, perhaps you don’t have time for a full, multi-course meal, but you’d still like to pamper yourself and your taste buds? I now have the perfect solution thanks to the Bull and Bear’s new lounge menu!!

Bull-and-Bear-Bar.jpg

Bull and Bear Bar and Lounge area

Have you ever wanted to pretend you’re Marilyn Monroe or Clark Gable, out for an evening in a luxurious Hollywood lounge? That’s exactly how you’ll feel surrounded by plush seats (pillows!!), sparkling white tablecloths, dark wood, and a fabulous staff of servers. The best part? You’re in a lounge, which means you get all of the Bull and Bear flavor with a lower check total!

Eats

The new menu debuted at the Bull and Bear a couple of months ago, and we got the chance to go in and sample some of the new dishes!

Menu-220x525.jpg

Menu - click image for larger version

Don’t be fooled; the prices reflect the quality of the food, but trust me — it’s well worth it! We started out by sampling the new-and-improved bar snacks in the lounge.

Wanting to appeal to different tastes and all of your taste buds, Chef David Sears decided on a trio of accompaniments you wouldn’t expect!

Bar-snacks-500x313.jpg

Bar Snacks

Next up on our tasting menu: the Shrimp and Grits with Tasso Ham and Tomatillo Chutney. Now, how cool is this presentation? Chef Sears wanted to include a smoked flavor, but didn’t want it to be too strong. His solution? Add a touch of smokiness by serving the plate under a dome of flavor!

Polenta-presentation-500x333.jpg

Shrimp and Grits Presentation

How do they do it? Trade secret… icon_wink.gif

polenta-presentation-2-500x383.jpg

Shrimp and Grits Presentation

The shrimp and grits did have a mildly smokey flavor, and the touch of tasso ham gave it the perfect salty accent! Delicious.

polenta-500x333.jpg

Shrimp and Grits

Next, we sampled the Chicken Confit with lemon scented risotto (risotto!!!) and artichokes en barigoule. First off, “confit” means that the chicken has been immersed/submerged in flavor, so already we’re on the right track for a delicious dish.

The chicken was exceptionally moist and flavorful — that lovely saltiness that so few chicken dishes actually achieve. And when you serve risotto, you know I’m going to be happy. The light side dish was a great compliment — especially for a lounge meal.

Chicken-1-500x342.jpg

Chicken

And here’s the pièce de résistance… the Bull and Bear BURGER! Yes, Chef Sears has created the best burger in the universe.

I know, I know. You’re thinking: “How can it be better than a ________ burger??” (Fill in the blank with your favorite burger of all time…for us, it’s Snuffer’s.) But just listen to what’s included in this “burger:” braised shortrib. Yep — in addition to the other wonderfulness that is this burger (Ossau Iraty cheese, truffle onion marmalade, confit tomato…), there’s an extra layer of explosive flavor right in the middle. Here’s a cross section so that you can see the layers of flavor of which I speak…

Burger-500x333.jpg

Burger Close-Up

And speaking of flavor, you’ll also get an incredible sauce on the side. Trust me, this is the king of all burgers.

burger-presentation-486x525.jpg

Burger Presentation

But we’re not done, my friends. Nope; I wanted to share with you another shocker from the evening. We were served the Bull and Bear Lounge’s vegan cheesecake. Yep — vegan. And it was amazing. I know you think I’m crazy, but it was the creamiest cheesecake I’d ever had. And though the crust tasted like thick graham cracker/butter crust, it was made of chick peas! No kidding!

The cheesecake was served with a bed of wild strawberries — a sweet/sour accompaniment that was very nice.

vegan-cheesecake-500x333.jpg

Vegan Cheesecake

Seriously, you guys, I can’t WAIT to have that cheesecake again. It was one of my favorite desserts from the whole trip.

So, if you haven’t been over to Bull and Bear yet, I hope that the introduction to their less expensive, but just as impressive, lounge menu will tip the scales for you. It’s well worth a visit — you won’t be sorry!

See our in-depth review of Bull and Bear here.

Thanks to the Waldorf Astoria Orlando for providing this tasting in the lounge. While I wasn’t in any way obligated to write about the food here, I couldn’t wait to tell you about that off-the-chain burger and the amazing cheesecake. Hope to see you there!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/01/05/review-waldorf-orlando-bull-and-bear-lounge-new-menu/

I love good food, but a $35 hamburger?

But it comes with that huge dish of fries, give me a break.

What in the world is that hamburger made from that they feel $35 is a fair price? Add tax and tip and you're looking at over $40. That's outrages and anyone that pays that for it is an idiot.