Sometimes during Free Dining they'll change the usual rules and give people the option of using TS credits towards QS (there's some special deal with that - don't remember the details) - I think it's Disney's way to trying to alleviate the dining insanity during FD.

Normally with the paid plan you can only use TS as TS.

Keep in mind that your character dining and any other signature dining will usually cost you 2 TS credits though - so you might be able to use them all up that way if you don't think you'll want or be able to do TS every day.

I really enjoy having lunch at a table service restaurant when we are at the parks. It's not really "getting the most for your money" but there is something nice about going in and sitting down in the AC and having a waitperson bring your food. That break in the middle of the dayjust works for us.l

Actually you can convert TS credits to CS. At least when you pay for it. We have never used the free dining plans promo. But my daughter had one TS credit left on her last day and wanted to get breakfast at All-Star Music before our flight. She had no CS credits left. We have done this before but I, DD, don't like it. I feel like we are wasting money. And here's a little tip. If you have snack credits left use them to buy candy to take home with you.

Good to know - thanks!

On the snack credits... you're usually allowed to purchase any food item under $4 as a "snack" - including candy, soda, etc. The last time we did the DDP we stocked up on bottles of soda for the ride home.

Oh and if you're there during Epcot Food and Wine Festival, many of the food items qualify as snacks too. I think the only exceptions are probably the highest priced items.

• 2 weeks later...