Here's my first attempt at a trip report....I never realized how time consuming they could be...now I really appreciate all the work everybody has done in the past!!

SUNDAY

This visit to Disney and the Fort is for our grandson. You see, he just received the gift of a baby brother so Mimi and Poppie (as he calls us) are giving him his first Disney adventure since Mom and Dad have their hands full.

The highly anticipated arrival at FW was very anti-climactic?nap time being much more important.

DSCN1804-1.jpg

Business was brisk as we waited to register. Lane one opened up just after we pulled through security and we were second in line and quickly moved up. Got surprised to find that we had received our third choice spot. Maybe there is something to faxing your request three days ahead of time??

DSCN1806.jpg

Naptime is now finished and we enjoy looking at the flowers while waiting for paperwork to be completed. Even though we did the on-line check in there always seems to be some screw up. This time it?s minor as only names were mis-spelled on the cards. Why at FW is there no special line if you?ve done the on-line check in??

DSCN1816-2.jpg

As we are setting up on site another camper comes along and tells us we are in his site. He has paperwork showing the same site as ours. A call to the front desk (everybody should have this number programmed into their phones by now?lol) sets the record straight that we are indeed in the correct site and somebody at the front desk was dyslexic and messed up writing the number on the other guys papers. Kenny calls and tells us our golf cart awaits so off we go to the overflow lot.

We pick up the cart and check out the TCD horse barn. Not much action but we do find some returning riders.

DSCN1827.jpg

A stop to check out the pool area and we find this dressed up golf cart.

DSCN1829.jpg

Looped on over to Mickey?s BBQ and quick trip by Clementine?s Beach finding both places practically deserted.

DSCN1830.jpg

Checked out some of the local decorations?Valentine?s Day is the theme?how cute! But we sure do miss all the Halloween, Thanksgiving and especially Christmas decorations we?ve seen before.

DSCN1832.jpg

Time for dinner and it?s getting a little chilly. We finish up the night watching the water parade and make our way back for children?s bedtime and some well deserved adult beverages.

DSCN1837.jpg

DSCN1845.jpg

MONDAY

After a rainy night we begin the day taking care of some family business. Returning after lunch we walk the dogs and pack up for a boat ride to MK.

DSCN1850.jpg

What started out as a beautiful day quickly goes downhill. Within a few minutes the wind whips up white caps on the lake and the temperature drops 15 degrees.

We headed up Main Street stopping to take in the show in front of the castle.

DSCN1854.jpg

Trivia: Do you know what?s on Walt Disney?s right hand ring finger on the statue in the central hub where he?s holding Mickey?s hand?

After the show if off for a ride on Buzz Lightyear. You can see the combined team of Poppie and Grandson was doing pretty good!!

DSCN1859.jpg

Jump in line to meet Buzz Lightyear.

DSCN1870-1.jpg

Then the heavens open up so it's time for a bite to eat and wait out the rain, after which we head to the Tea Cups. Poppie doesn?t do tea cups?something about a delicate stomach  :) ?so Mimi agrees to a spin around the floor.

DSCN1871-1-1.jpg

Rain returns so we quickly head for Pooh?s Adventures. It?s dark and Tigger pops out at you as you bounce up and down?sometimes a scary for little folks.

DSCN1885.jpg

Still raining and getting chillier so we decide to call it a day and return back to the Fort. They?ve changed the boat schedule again so we have a stop at the WL before getting back to FW dock.

So ends our Monday?stay tuned...looks like better weather tomorrow.

B-B-B

Awesome!  I love live trip reports, although I don't see how anyone has the time to complete then.  I am so unorganized it takes me a couple of days just to get my photos ready. You get an "A" for this :)

Teacups, not for me for sure.  Those things are dangerous for the weak stomach.

Awesome job so far, I can't wait for more!

Awesome start!  :) :)  It looks like you are having a blast!  We found out the same thing when faxing in our requests.  With two kids and my Father that comes with us we try to get closer to things.  And the Fort tries it's best for us.  But is there any real bad site at FW?  Even the worst site there is better than the best day at work!

Great TR! You grandbaby is adorable! I love the picture with Buzz! I am impressed that you have gotten all that done, it ain't easy with a little one with you! It ain't raining up here in the panhandle, so I hope that means it's gonna be a clear day down there for y'all too!

This is the start of an awesome TR, the commentary and esp. the pics are great. What a beautiful

grandchild. More to come I hope.  :dance: 

Thanks everybody for your nice comments. Sorry about the many, many Grandson pics...but this trip is all for him! Obviously we absolutely adore our Grandson next week we return him to Mom and Dad totally full of sugar, way off schedule and spoiled rotten. Like I told my daughter, paybacks are hell  :popo: !!

TUESDAY

I?m beginning to remember when you have children what it?s like to travel with backpacks, snack bags, change of clothes bags, and, (heaven forbid) we can?t forget that old, scruffy blankie!

We had every intention of getting an early start today but by the time showers were done, breakfast eaten, toys cleaned up, dogs walked and general order restored to the motor home the morning had just about gotten away from us.

Finally, off we went to Epcot.

Sky was overcast and it looked like rain again?although the weatherman assured us it would be a sunny 65?yeah?like that guy knew what he was talking about!?!?! The parking lot looked desolate as we pull up?not a good sign.

Once in the gates we spy Daisy?time for an autograph and pic?

DSCN1888-1.jpg

As we trudged under Spaceship Earth the wind started whistling down the lanes on either side. I?m thinking somebody needs to whoop that weatherman right upside the head! Inside we go to take a ride and get out of the wind. Grandson decided it was okay. Low point being the smelly, ?smoky? burning library, while planet Earth and the stars were the highpoint.

DSCN1908.jpg

Outside and the sun has finally arrived?still cold..but not going to complain about seeing the sun after yesterday?s rain. Still thinking about whooping that weatherman upside the head!

Normally we don?t purchase much by way of food or souvenirs in the parks. Today was the exception as we happened to have lunch ressies at Canada?s Le Cellier Steakhouse. Head on up to Canada and make a stop a Kidcot while waiting to be called. Colored on Duffy the Bear (wasn?t there a Disney Bear some years ago?).

DSCN1913.jpg

As we wait to be seated at least a dozen groups are turned away with the explanation no open reservation times to be had. As you can see for being really ?booked? there were many empty tables. One of these days Disney will get smart and start charging fees for ?ressie abusers? who make multiple reservations then not show up/not cancel the ressie. A food critic I?m not, but at best, I?d rate the meal as mediocre to good.

DSCN1920.jpg  DSCN1918.jpg

Grandson?s pizza, on the other hand, was downright pasty and appeared to be about under cooked?yuck.

DSCN1922.jpg

Back outside the sun is still shining but most people are still bundled up in sweatshirts and jackets. Where is that darned weatherman? I did see one couple in shorts, tank tops and flip-flops. Wished I?d taken that pictures cuz they were a whole lot braver than me!

DSCN1926.jpg

Remember, this trip is all for the Grandson, so next stop is the Character Spot?time for more autographs and pics. While in line our little ?chick magnet? attracts a group of young girls from Venezuela. The DH claims that?s why he keeps him around. Going to have to watch BOTH of them closely.

DSCN1934.jpg

So then we meet Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald and Goofy.

DSCN1960.jpgDSCN1956.jpgDSCN1952.jpgDSCN1948.jpgDSCN1940.jpg

Just outside we find Chip and Dale.

DSCN1965.jpg

Then it?s on to see Figment?.

DSCN1969.jpg

And Crush?.

DSCN1993.jpg

Tired and still cold (where?s that weatherman???) it?s time to call it quits for the day at Epcot.

DSCN2007.jpg

In the parking lot we spy this guy in the trees. Not being a birder I have no clue what it is?some type of hawk? He was big?18?-24?.             

DSCN2015.jpgDSCN2016.jpg

Back at the motor home everybody warms up and takes a well-deserved rest and has a bite of dinner.

After dinner we do some quick loops to look at the decorations. Thought back about when we were here just before Christmas and how the whole campground was lit up with lights from all the decorations.

DSCN2024.jpg

DSCN2026.jpg

We also remembered how much warmer it was in December than it is now! By the time we return tonight we can see our breath outside.

Weatherman says tomorrow should be 76 degrees and mostly sunny. If it?s not he better start running cuz I?m going to find him and send his Florida butt straight north to the frozen tundra!

Until tomorrow.....

B-B-B

Okay....so here we go again....

WEDNESDAY

Still can?t quite get it all together in the morning but we did a little better than yesterday. Then it?s off to Animal Kingdom and (insert drum roll here) IT?S SUNNY!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

DSCN2028.jpg

First stop is Kilimanjaro Safari and the hippos are actually out of the water which is apparently a rarity. We check out the elephants, giraffes, gazelles, alligators and wart hogs as our driver speeds through the compound to save the baby elephant from poachers. The lions are in hiding as well as the rhinos but we find the baby elephant hidden in the truck and all is well in Harambe Reserve. Did I mention it?s still beautiful and SUNNY outside?

DSCN2045.jpg  DSCN2270.jpg

Lunch choice is Pizzafari (much better pizza than yesterday) after which we head to Camp Minnie and Mickey to take in one of my favorites, the Lion King Show. All I can say is that it absolutely mezmorized our little grandson. He was one of the children chosen to dance shake the rattle at the end of the performance which obviously made his day.

DSCN2119.jpg

Outside it?s still a great big beautiful, sunny day and Mickey, Minnie, Thumper and Goofy dressed in their safari clothes patiently await our arrival for autographs and pics.

DSCN2182.jpg  DSCN2175.jpg  DSCN2170.jpg  DSCN2160.jpg  DSCN2154.jpg

The little "chick magnet" with his favorite chick, Minnie

DSCN2174.jpg

It?s an hour before parade time so we head back out to the main drag and stake out a spot. While waiting we try to get grandson to have a little nap?.yeah right?not having any of that!! It?s just too bright and sunny outside to bother with a nap!  :D ;D :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :)) :))

DSCN2198.jpg

The parade arrives and Donald Duck?s float breaks down. The end of the parade is stopped directly in front of us for almost 15 minutes. Ever been to a rock concert and had you?re ears blasted off?  MMMM, yeah, you get the idea. CM?s won?t let anybody move?finally people behind us start pushing their way through the crowd and clear a path. Good-bye Animal Kingdom.

DSCN2192-1.jpg  DSCN2242-1.jpg

After dinner and a rest at the motor home we ride down to the dock and watch fireworks. Then it?s jammie time and another day comes to a close.

DSCN1194.jpg

I?ve decided to let the weatherman live for another day since he served up such a beautiful, sunny Wednesday. But as I post this on Thursday morning it's raining again.. ..hummm?maybe time for some outlet shopping??

Question:  All of your pictures are so crisp and clear and the colors are gorgeous, even the nightime ones.  What type of camera are you using and did you use a special setting for the Electric Boat Parade?

I use a Nikon Coolpix S8100. I'm a "point and shoot" type person so mostly I use it on automatic. It has a "night landscape" and "night portrait" selections that work really nice. Also has 10x optical zoom and in auto mode you have access to more steps with a digital zoom. What I really like is the image stabilization which is a big upgrade over my last camera and helps with the night scenes. I don't use any tripod or anything but a photographer friend once told me when you take a longer exposure to get better results, tuck your elbows to your sides, exhale, hold your breath and take the picture. Seems silly but works for me.  :banana:

B-B-B

DSCN2045.jpg 

Wow!  Look at the birds!  It doesn't seem to phase him a bit.

The little "chick magnet" with his favorite chick, Minnie

DSCN2174.jpg

I agree!  What a little cutie pie!

I?ve decided to let the weatherman live for another day since he served up such a beautiful, sunny Wednesday. But as I post this on Thursday morning it's raining again.. ..hummm?maybe time for some outlet shopping??

Keep your fingers crossed.  Anyhow, a bad day shopping is better than any day at work! 

THURSDAY

Not much for a TR today. Since it was raining this morning we decided today it should be a downtime day.

We played "Disney" Handy Manny cars and trucks...

DSCN2309-1-1.jpg

....and caught up on doing the laundry.

purple-1.jpg

>:D  :rofl2:    :rofl:    :rofl:    :rofl:

By lunch time the rain had stopped so we hopped in the car and went to the outlet malls to check out the Disney stores. I think everybody had the same idea since the parking lots were jam-packed and the stores looked like they were doing weekend sales. Why is it that Disney makes lots of cute stuff for girls and not much choice of anything for boys?especially toddler boys??

Next up...groceries stop at the local Publix

...and then took the long way back through the Fort for dinner.

Here?s what we saw by the hitch/unhitch area.

DSCN2291.jpg  DSCN2300.jpg

Here?s what we saw back by the 2000 loop.

DSCN2302.jpg  DSCN2303-1.jpg

Looks like tomorrow will be another cloudy, cool and breezy day. We will wait until morning to decided what to do on Friday.

Did you know that after all this rain we will be under a Fire Weather Watch on Saturday from Noon to 6pm??

Thanks for reading along.  B-B-B

Here's my first attempt at a trip report....I never realized how time consuming they could be...now I really appreciate all the work everybody has done in the past!!

DSCN1804-1.jpg

Would you look at all those curls??  :)) My Nikki had curls like that (got 'em from her dad) when she was that age. Such a lovely little fella. Love the trip report too!  :flush2: