Since we are going to the Fort over the 4th and I have excessive vacation/personal time to burn before I lose it, we are looking at going to the beach on the way home. We have always been east coasters and are interested in hitting the gulf beaches along the FL Panhandle. I know some of you have stayed at the state parks on the panhandle and read your reviews/reports, but are any of them full hook up or just water and electric? Are there any private either really close or on the beach?

I have looked Lisa's http://wecamphere.com bu there are no reviews for any of the parks.

We figured that after we hit the panhandle then go home through AL and TN, states we have never seen. So for you fiends from those states any recommendations of things we should check out?

Since we are going to the Fort over the 4th and I have excessive vacation/personal time to burn before I lose it, we are looking at going to the beach on the way home. We have always been east coasters and are interested in hitting the gulf beaches along the FL Panhandle. I know some of you have stayed at the state parks on the panhandle and read your reviews/reports, but are any of them full hook up or just water and electric? Are there any private either really close or on the beach?

I have looked Lisa's http://wecamphere.com bu there are no reviews for any of the parks.

We figured that after we hit the panhandle then go home through AL and TN, states we have never seen. So for you fiends from those states any recommendations of things we should check out?

Grayton Beach SP came highly recommended and I think it was by TCD. They have full hook-up sites in the new section.

St Joseph Peninsula SP, Grayton SP, Top Sail Hill, Fort Pickens.....Top Sail is full hook up.

If you come up I 65 to I 59, our local CG is pretty nice (Noccalula Falls CG) or you could go on up to Trenton, GA and stay at Cloudland Canyon SP. Beware of the stretch of I 59 between Gadsden and Fort Payne. It is under construction and is terrible. Use US Hwy 11 as an alternate.