From the DIsney Food blog...

Review: Fife and Drum Tavern Features Classic and Rare Disney Treats

Jan 31st, 2012 by AJ.

The American Adventure pavilion in Epcot is not a place one necessarily associates with great food, but you’d be surprised how many special little treats you can find here!

This is the only spot in Epcot where you can pick up a funnel cake (and the seasonal pumpkin spice funnel cake!), the shop here often sells interesting and classic American candy, and the Fife and Drum Tavern has become the epicenter of some of Disney World’s most beloved treats!

Atmosphere

The Fife and Drum is basically a permanent kiosk at the “outskirts” of the American Adventure pavilion in Disney World’s Epcot.

Fife-and-Drum-364x525.jpg

Fife and Drum Tavern

There are two ordering windows, and guests are expected to take their eats and sit at the sea of tables that lies between the Liberty Inn counter-service restaurant and the Fife and Drum.

Eats

What I’ve realized in the past couple of months as Fife and Drum has added to their menu is that this spot seems to be a magnet for Disney food cult favorites as well as obscure, random items! Classics like turkey legs, popcorn, and cream cheese pretzels are coupled with rarities like the American Dream slushie and frozen Jim Beam Red Stag lemonade!

Fife-and-Drum-Menu-350x525.jpg

Fife and Drum Menu - click image for larger version

Let’s go through some of the fan favorites and random options on the menu to get a better feel for what you can order at this little hot spot of Disney food goodness…

American Dream slushie

Currently, this spot is one of the only spots in Disney World where you can get the American Dream slushie, a mixture of strawberry and raspberry slushies and soft serve vanilla ice cream! (This the only place where it’s called an American Dream. A similar slushie, minus the ice cream, is found at Sleepy Hollow in the Magic Kingdom.)

This hidden treat is a guest favorite, and the combo of sweet-tart flavors and textures is a fun one!

The-American-Dream-350x525.jpg

The American Dream

American-Dream-and-Popcorn-350x525.jpg

American Dream and Popcorn

Frozen Jim Beam Red Stag Lemonade

Also available here in the slushie/beverage department is the Frozen Jim Beam Red Stag lemonade, a leftover from the 2011 Epcot Food and Wine Festival. Again, this is another item that you can ONLY find here.

Jim Beam Red Stag is a black cherry flavored bourbon, and does indeed give the drink a kick! I liked it a lot at the festival, and I’m glad it’s stayed on as a menu offering.

jim-beam-red-stag-lemonade-350x525.jpg

Frozen Jim Beam Red Stag Lemonade

Jalapeno Cheese Pretzel

Another offering at the Fife and Drum that is actually quite rare in Disney World these days is the outstanding Jalapeno Cheese Pretzel. This, predictably, is a soft pretzel stuffed with jalapenos and cheese, and even though I love hot and spicy things and consider myself to have a high tolerance, this snack does offer a lot of spicy flavor! It’s become one of my very favorite snacks recently!

Jalapeno-Cheese-Pretzel-500x440.jpg

Jalapeno Cheese Pretzel

You can only find this treat in two or three locations in Disney World, so hurry over before they decide to cut back more!

Jalapeno-Cheese-Pretzel-inside-2-500x333.jpg

Jalapeno Cheese Pretzel inside - close-up

Cream Cheese Pretzel

Another rare stuffed pretzel found at the Fife and Drum is the Cream Cheese Stuffed Pretzel. This soft pretzel treat has a sweet cream cheese filling that’s pretty decadent!

CSR-MK-Ep-Maya-Contemp-263-500x333.jpg

Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel

Once again, it’s only found in two places in Disney World that we know of (the other being the Lunching Pad at the Magic Kingdom), so it’s quite rare. Definitely worth a try, though — it’s a fan favorite!

3-18-19-DSSM-310-500x333.jpg

Filling of Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel

Mickey Pretzels

A brand new addition to Disney World (though Disneyland has had them forever), the Mickey-shaped soft pretzels are just plain better than regular soft pretzels in my opinion icon_wink.gif .

mickey-pretzel.jpg

Mickey Pretzel with Cheese

Get them with some plastic cheese and you’ll be in heaven. Or at least I’ll be in heaven on your behalf. icon_wink.gif

Root Beer Float

Back to beverages, the soft ice cream root beer float is definitely a fan favorite! Don’t forget to pick up two straws so that you can share!! And remember, in the hot Florida sun, this will melt quickly…

Sat-Sun-118-350x525.jpg

Root Beer Float

Turkey Legs

Disney’s famous giant turkey legs can also be found here. These aren’t all that rare around Disney parks, but they sure are fan favorites!

12may09-enh-003-680x1024.jpg

Disney Turkey Leg

Popcorn

Some folks say there’s nothing quite like Disney popcorn, and I agree! Whether it’s because you’re in the happiest place on Earth, or because they put a little something extra in those kernels (*cough* copious amounts of butter *cough*), it’s delicious — and a perfect park-touring snack. Don’t be like me and wait too long to have your first box of Disney popcorn. Snag some at the Fife and Drum. icon_wink.gif

Popcorn-350x525.jpg

Popcorn

Popcorn-Close-Up-500x338.jpg

Popcorn Close-Up

Popcorn-Snack-500x333.jpg

Popcorn Snack

Overall

As you can see, this isn’t just another one of those standard Disney kiosks that carry the same ol’ same ol’ snacks. This spot offers quite a few rare, not-to-be-missed options! Once again, another hidden gem of a kiosk that I’d passed by one too many times!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/01/31/review-fife-and-drum-tavern-features-classic-and-rare-disney-treats/