From the Disney Food blog...

Best Disney Soups

Feb 6th, 2012 by AJ.

We threw out an inquiry asking for favorite Disney soups and got back a crockful of great ideas! Soups are satisfying meals and hearty snacks and can really warm you up on a chilly park day. Disney’s been working overtime creating memorable ones!

Thanks to our DFB readers and Facebook Friends for sharing their soup suggestions via the Disney Food Blog Facebook page!

Gorgonzola-Onion-Soup-with-Pear-and-Bacon-Garnish-2-500x333.jpg

Gorgonzola Onion Soup with Pear and Bacon Garnish at Grand Floridian Cafe

The hands down favorite soup mentioned was the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup at Epcot’s Le Cellier. Honorable mentions go to the soup selection at Boma and the French Onion Soup at Les Chefs de France.

Let’s take a look at the winners, then drool over the runners-up and a few of my own new favorites!

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup

Made with Moosehead beer and bacon, the Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup is one of the reasons you should secure a coveted reservation at Le Cellier!

Sooth your soup craving and try the Cheddar Cheese Soup recipe at home.

cheese-soup-le-cellier-500x333.jpg

Cheddar Cheese Soup at Le Cellier Steakhouse

Kathy B. exclaims “It is the BOMB!!!”

Margaret C. even has a cost-saving tip. She suggests “a bowl of that delicious soup along with the pretzel bread is a meal in itself.” We’re all about appetizers too!

Boma Soups

The soups at the Animal Kingdom Lodge’s Boma Restaurant were also highly recommended. According to Tareah G., “The Boma soups are out of this world”!

Chicken Coconut Curry (find the recipe and how-to here!), Mulligatawny, Carrot and Ginger, Seafood, Butternut Squash, and Chicken Corn Chowder were mentioned as being memorable.

Boma-Chicken-Corn-Chowder-500x333.jpg

Boma Chicken Corn Chowder

French Onion Soup

The light and mild broth is topped with perfectly melted and bubbly Gruyere cheese. You can smell this one coming a mile away! This isn’t too strong an onion flavor, so even the kiddos will like it if they’re a bit adventurous.

French-Onion-Soup-500x333.jpg

French Onion Soup

Facebook friends Jolyne H. and Anna T. both favor the delicious French Onion soup at Les Chefs de France.

Other Soup Suggestions

There were so many soup ideas that we have to serve up some of them here so we don’t forget to try one (or more icon_wink.gif ) on our next Disney vacation.

The super-creamy Potato & Leek Soup at Epcot’s Rose and Crown got some votes (it’s one of my favorites — see recipes here!), as did the rich and deep Smoky Portobello Soup at Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge. The BLT Soup at Sci-Fi Dine-In in Disney’s Hollywood Studios was raved about.

Potato-and-Leek-Soup-500x333.jpg

Potato and Leek Soup

Mushroom-Soup-500x333.jpg

Portobello Soup at Artist Point

Looking for a soup that will really give you chills? Try the cold strawberry soup at the Grand Floridian’s 1900 Park Fare!

1900-park-fare-strawberry-soup-in-bowl-500x333.jpg

Strawberry Soup in Bowl

A Few of My Recent Favorites

As you know, I’m a big soup fan, so I wanted to take this opportunity to share a few of my recent favorites, too! Note that many of these may have been temporary additions to the menus, but there’s no harm in asking about them if you don’t see them!

Beer Cheese Popcorn Bacon Soup

At the Wilderness Lodge in Disney World last Fall, I was treated to a special taste of this soup that has LOTS of words that I like in its title!

Territory-Lounge-Beer-Cheese-Popcorn-Bacon-soup-500x425.jpg

Wilderness Lodge Beer Cheese Popcorn Bacon soup

Tomato Basil Soup

The creamy tomato basil soup at Pinocchio Village Haus in the Magic Kingdom was one of my favorite finds when I was researching the Disney Food Blog Guide to Magic Kingdom Snacks e-Book last year! This snack is super-flavorful and a perfect way to fill up when you’re touring the park.

Tomato-Basil-Soup-at-Pinocchio-Village-Haus-500x333.jpg

Tomato Basil Soup at Pinocchio Village Haus

Zellwood Corn Soup

This geeeeeorgous, smooth, creamy corn soup was served to me with a little tiny grilled cheese and caviar garnish. Hubba hubba!! While it’s a seasonal menu, I’m sure that the Waldorf Astoria Orlando’s Bull and Bear Restaurant has a similarly delicious soup on its menu now.

Zellwood-Corn-Soup-truffle-and-brilliat-savarin-cheese-sandwich-caviar-cream-STEP-2-367x550.jpg

Zellwood Corn Soup at Bull and Bear Steakhouse

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

OK, OK, I haven’t tried this one yet! But it’s Heather’s favorite, so I think it deserves to be on our DFB list! You can find this at Carnation Cafe in Disneyland!

Loaded-Baked-Potato-Soup-500x375.jpg

Loaded Baked Potato Soup at Carnation Cafe

Corn Chowder in a Bread Bowl

Over at Pacific Wharf Cafe in Disney California Adventure, the bread bowls are well known! I snagged a lunch of corn chowder in one of these gorgeous edible sourdough boules.

Soup-in-a-Bread-Bowl-500x333.jpg

Corn Chowder in a Bread Bowl at Pacific Wharf Cafe

We appreciate all the fabulous soup suggestions! Stop by and read the rest of our Best Disney World Restaurants series for more reader favorites!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/02/06/best-disney-soups/#more-45808

I think this blogger should have mentioned the clam chowder at Columbia Harvest House in the MK- we love to get a bowl of that when it is cold out.

And I wonder where in WL they serve the Wilderness Lodge Beer Cheese Popcorn Bacon soup? There is usually a soup of the day and chili offered at the Roaring Forks. I wonder if they have the cheese soup there sometimes? That sounds like something worth trying!

TCD

When we went to Le Cellier (back in 2004 when it was at one of it's low points, I will admit), NONE of us liked the Cheddar Soup. The Portobello Soup at Artist Point, however ... Order that, the Planked Salmon and the Berry Cobbler and you will have one of the best meals EVAH! The French Onion Soup at Chefs de France is point on, but many people fail to realize their Lobster Bisque is pretty damn good, too!