From the Disney Food blog...

National Noodle Month Special: Mushroom Ravioli Appetizer!

Mar 15th, 2012 by AJ.

I had a great meal at Portobello Trattoria in Disney World’s Downtown Disney yesterday, and heard about a yummy new app that will be available for the “next seven days” in celebration of national noodle month: Mushroom Ravioli in a Parmesan Cream Sauce.

I even snagged a dish to try so that I could review it for the blog! (I promise I don’t usually order three appetizers — just an FYI for when you see the review of this lunch in a few weeks!)

Portobello-500x271.jpg

Portobello

The fresh ravioli will be an appetizer portion (which was four large raviolis), and is stuffed with chunks of Portobello, Cremini, and Shiitake mushrooms. The whole thing is covered in an uber-rich, thick Parmesan cream sauce and topped with fried mushrooms!

Mushroom-App-500x356.jpg

Mushroom Appetizer

The ravioli tastes fresh and light, and the chunks of mushroom are large enough that you get a good mushroom feel and flavor.

The dish ceases to be “light” when you add that decadent cream sauce, but that’s why an appetizer portion is just perfect!

Mushroom-app-cross-section-500x333.jpg

Mushroom Appetizer Cross-Section

If you’re in the Orlando area in the next week, definitely make a detour to Portobello to try it! (Sit at the brand new outdoor, water-side patio — the weather’s supposed to stay beautiful this week!)

Water-Side-Patio-421x525.jpg

Water-Side Patio

By the way, here’s a tip: Lunch at Downtown Disney is often a great way to get into restaurants that are booked up for dinner as most guests are in the main theme parks during the day!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/03/15/national-noodle-month-special-mushroom-ravioli-appetizer/

Myself and a friend of mine had lunch there a couple of years ago!! It was really awesome. What I really like about it, was they didn't take TiW, but had a 20% discount for passholders and no automatic tip!!!! So I had the pleasure of giving the server a real tip!!

(I have this thing that if they make me tip, they aren't getting any extra, unless the service is EXTRORDINARY, which is rare).

One place we've still not tried. We thought about it last year but only got to DTD once and skipped it.

They do take TiW now. We might need to put it on the list this year.

I'm with you on the mandatory tipping, Carol.

On the rare occasion service is above average, I'll throw a few dollars extra on top of the automatic 18%.

I agree on the tipping. If the service is at least good I'll typically leave 20%, or more if exemplary. So the mandatory 18% saves me money. But it also works the other way and I think at times disincentivizes the server to provide exceptional service.

Yeah, well before they started the mandatory tipping on TiW, pretty much the servers would get the discount back, then rounded up to the next dollar as a matter of course for us, not anymore!