Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream Ship Horn Battle

From The Disney Blog...

Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream Ship Horn Battle

Posted on March 26, 2012 by John Frost

dream-from-fantasy-dcl-500.jpg

Toward the top of the list of the highlights of my trip on the Disney Fantasy preview cruise, and there were many, were the three close encounters the Fantasy had with its sister ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet, The Disney Dream. All three encounters included the two ships talking to each other via the ship horn, but the visit between the two ships at Castaway Cay was the closest and loudest.

The Fantasy was docked at Castaway Cay and the Dream made a special trip just to come show off. After the horn battle the Dream pivoted in the water just a couple hundred yards off the bow of the Fantasy and then took off back to its next destination. Many crew members on the Fantasy had either worked on the Dream or have friends there, so there was a special feeling on deck with cast members and guests all enjoying the show together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPHkVg2T-a4

Coming soon, two videos of the fireworks aboard the Disney Dream as seen from the Disney Fantasy – the very first time ever for that and quite possible the only time for the foreseeable future.

http://thedisneyblog.com/2012/03/26/disney-fantasy-and-disney-dream-ship-horn-battle/

More from Inside the Magic...

Fireworks burst, horns battle as the Disney Dream greets sister ship Disney Fantasy at sea during Inaugural cruise

by Ricky Brigante

Posted on March 26, 2012

fantasy-dream-castaway.jpg

The Disney Fantasy today completed her Inaugural cruise out of Port Canaveral, Fla. with a few surprises at sea that helped to welcome the new ship to Disney Cruise Line. During the 3-day voyage, March 23-26, 2012, sister ship Disney Dream sailed by not once, not twice, but three times, a first-time event that likely isn’t to be seen again any time soon.

The Dream’s first arrival was marked by a surprise announcement aboard the Disney Fantasy at around 9:00 p.m. on March 24, 2012, letting all aboard know that at 10:30 p.m., the two ships would be passing in the night. Excited passengers crowded both ships’ top decks and balconies to catch a glimpse of the rare sight.

6871847672_537cafe929.jpg

Then came the second surprise of the night: Dueling fireworks were on the way.

It was Pirates in the Caribbean night aboard both ships and the Disney Dream shot off her Buccaneer Blast show first, an incredible sight on board made even better by enabling Fantasy guests to watch from afar, in the middle of the ocean. The event even took Disney a bit by surprise, with one of their marketing camera crews rushing to the top deck and asking guests to part ways to allow them to capture the moment.

Fresh from dinner at Palo on board, I had my camera rolling as well. Here’s that magical moment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smqGejFOkN0

Shortly after the Dream finished her fireworks show, the Fantasy launched the same show, offering Dream passengers and equally amazing sight. The two ships then sailed in opposite directions as the Fantasy sounded her horn in a variety of Disney tunes. All on board hoped for a horn battle, but the Dream never answered - at least, not this time. What guests aboard both ships didn’t know was that the following day, March 25, 2012, the Dream and Fantasy would meet again at Castaway Cay.

6871849058_48d5f3bbe2.jpg

I was standing on Serenity Bay (above) when I spotted a Disney Cruise Line ship pulling into the island. At first I thought it was the Fantasy parked there, which I had just gotten off of, but then I realized the ship I was looking at was moving and unless it was leaving me behind, it couldn’t have been the Fantasy.

6871847972_308f3abc8e.jpg

Immediately hopping a tram back to the ship, I captured a great view of both ships just off the coast of Disney’s private island.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwnbXY1LI5I

7017955935_2c4e1f44f6.jpg

6871849114_c73a1b3224.jpg

6871848132_2ba2786e3c.jpg

The Dream sailed away again, and guests on board thought that was the last time the two sister ships would meet.

6871848212_aa5e6204f4.jpg

6871848978_8c3908395c.jpg

But another surprise encounter awaited as after departing Castaway Cay, the Fantasy caught up to the Dream and pulled along side her as the sun working its way down the sky.

6871848310_4108b65ca1.jpg

7017956703_9c44762c57.jpg

With both ships illuminated, a horn battle ensued, with a variety of Disney songs played from each ship’s horn, one after another:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNzaJ0Kdyig

I watched it all from the balcony inside the Senses Spa Rainforest area, near the ship’s bridge, inside which I spotted Captain Tom watching the Dream sail by:

7017956535_5d5a452f14.jpg

7017956839_292cbbcf94.jpg

That was the last time the new Disney Dream and newer Disney Fantasy met during this Inaugural preview cruise and it’s not an event that will happen often. The two ships sail different itineraries in the Caribbean and won’t dock at the same port at the same time. But those on board either vessel during this special voyage were offered a unique treat that only Disney Cruise Line could provide.

The Disney Fantasy will have her maiden voyage on March 31, 2012.

Much, much more from the new Disney Fantasy will be coming in the next few days, perhaps even weeks, including complete coverage of everything that’s unique to the newest ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet. So keep checking back to Inside the Magic to see it all!

And to whet your appetite for all things Disney Fantasy while we work on editing video, sifting through thousands of photos, and writing articles, here are a couple particularly enticing shots from the Inaugural voyage to give you an idea of what’s to come:

7017955461_a84e29f764.jpg

7017955597_36c71ac5b6.jpg

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/03/fireworks-burst-horns-battle-as-the-disney-dream-greets-sister-ship-disney-fantasy-at-sea-during-inaugural-cruise/