‘Disney Dreams’ nighttime show debut at Disneyland Paris streaming live

From Inside the Magic...

‘Disney Dreams’ nighttime show premiere to be streamed live on Disneyland Paris YouTube channel

by Ricky Brigante

Posted on March 30, 2012

disney-dreams.jpg

The newest nighttime spectacular from Disney and Imagineer Steve Davison is set to make its debut at Disneyland Paris this weekend with fans around the world able to watch. The official debut of “Disney Dreams!” in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle will be streamed via live video on the official Disneyland Paris YouTube Channel tomorrow, Saturday, March 31, 2012.

The show combines water fountains like those in Davison’s “World of Color” with castle projections similar to those in “The Magic, the Memories, and You!” and elements from “Fantasmic!” in an new, high-tech way.

Its premiere will take place at 10:30pm Paris time, which is 4:30pm Eastern time and 1:30pm Pacific time, for those of us in the United States. The event will also be broadcast on the MyTF1.fr website, home of French TV network TF1.

Like Fantasmic and World of Color, Disney Dreams will include elements from a variety of classic Disney films, such as Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Tangled, Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, The Princess and the Frog, The Jungle Book, and - naturally given the Paris setting - Ratatouille and The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Following its debut, Disney Dreams is scheduled for two performances each night at 9:30pm and 10:30pm beginning Sunday, April 1, 2012.

It’s all part of an ongoing celebration of the 20th anniversary of Disneyland Paris, showcased in the Disney Parks video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gXuirlxVcY

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/03/disney-dreams-nighttime-show-premiere-to-be-streamed-live-on-disneyland-paris-youtube-channel/

From Inside the Magic...

‘Disney Dreams!’ debuts at Disneyland Paris, perfecting nighttime spectacles from theme parks worldwide

by Ricky Brigante

Posted on March 31, 2012

disney-dreams2.jpg

In recent years, Disney theme parks have dazzled guests with nighttime spectacles like “World of Color” in California, “Wishes” in Florida, “The Magic, the Memories, and You!” on both coasts and “Fantasmic!” worldwide. But today Disneyland Paris debuted a new show called “Disney Dreams!” that combines the best elements of all of these shows into one elaborate nightly extravaganza featured around the park’s enchanted Sleeping Beauty Castle.

But while all of the above-mentioned older shows are located in one or more United States Disney theme parks, “Disney Dreams!” premiered today for attending media and guests exclusively at Disneyland Paris, with its grand public opening tomorrow, to be performed twice nightly in the coming months. Fortunately, for those of us in the U.S. and elsewhere, Disneyland Paris offered the rest of the world a chance to see the show in its entirety online, in HD, via a video stream. It was billed as a “live” event, but the video offered was pre-recorded, though no less entertaining.

To preserve the moment and mark the debut of this grand new show, I’ve archived that “live” video for your enjoyment now and until you have a chance to see it in person at Disneyland Paris. Watch it below via YouTube and be sure to view it full screen in 1080p HD for the closest experience you’ll get to being there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfjJrrJmIDI

Like “World of Color,” the lead Imagineer behind “Disney Dreams!” is Steve Davison, who holds the exciting title of Creative Director and Vice President, Parades and Spectaculars for Disney. He previously has been Show Director and Art Director for Disneyland, bringing exciting new entertainment to fans for years. His latest show is the culmination of years of achievements, combining high-definition projections, colorful moving water fountains, mist screens, fireworks and other pyrotechnics, and classic Disney animated film clips to create the ultimate Disney-fied experience.

527820_398438060166916_159947717349286_1590572_1983175626_n-1-550x362.jpg

“Disney Dreams!” is part of the 20th anniversary celebration of Disneyland Paris, which also includes a new parade called “Disney Magic on Parade!” featuring all-new floats. But the video above, and the new show itself, should be reason enough to entice you to visit the Paris resort, as it’s certainly one of the most unique, colorful, and exciting shows Disney has produced. (Rumors point to a similar show making its way to the Magic Kingdom in Florida - but don’t count on it any time soon.)

poster-418x600.jpg

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/03/disney-dreams-debuts-at-disneyland-paris-perfecting-nighttime-spectacles-from-theme-parks-worldwide/

... One of these days I'm gonna get there!!! (and Japan, and Hong Kong, and Shanghai)

Me too, Carol! I especially want to see DisneySea in Tokyo. I've read lots about it and most people rank it up there as one of the top 3 individual Disney parks in the world.

Unfortunately for me, Brian doesn't fly.

So I guess we'll have to hit the lottery and charter our own cruise ship!

...or I'm going by myself. :rofl2: