From the Disney Food Blog. I won't lie - we have a couple of these that I put on our little Disney Christmas tree. :)

Disney Glow Cube Drink Gallery — What’s Your Favorite?

Apr 17th, 2012 by AJ.

So, if you’ve been to a Disney theme park or restaurant for a lunch or dinner meal, chances are you’ve seen a glowing drink or two. Or maybe you’ve even partaken in one yourself?

Sci-Fi-Dine-In-Drink-439x525.jpg

Glow Drink at Sci-Fi Dine-In Restaurant

For those of you who perhaps haven’t had a glowing ice cube experience yet, here’s a little background. For several years now, Disney has used evolving versions of these re-usable glow cubes — plastic, ice-cube-shaped drink decorations — to jazz up many of their feature cocktails.

The glow cubes in Disney restaurants can be set at different colors using a button on the bottom (you used to have to whack them on the table to get them to turn on and off, but now it’s all a bit more civilized), and there are even settings where they cycle through different colors automatically.

The most famous might be the Blue Glow-tini, which even highlights the cube as part of its name. This sought-after concoction can be found at locations all over Walt Disney World and Disneyland. Mixed with Citrus Vodka, Peach Schnapps, Blue Curacao, Pineapple Juice, and occasionally some Sweet and Sour, this fun drink can knock your socks off.

Blue-Glow-Tini.jpg

Disney's Blue Glow-Tini

So, mostly since we’ve never done it before, I thought it would be fun to do a little round-up of some of my other favorite glow-drinks that Disney features on their menus. This is by no means an exhaustive list, but it IS a list of most of the glow drinks I have photos of, so there you go. icon_wink.gif

If you have time, drop a comment below letting me know what YOUR favorite Glow Drink is so I can give it a try on my next visit!

Let’s begin with a margarita from La Cava del Tequila in Epcot. Surprising, right?! The Magic Blue Margarita is the perfect blend of sweet and tart. Probably not Cava’s most “authentic” margarita, but to our knowledge, it’s the only one that comes with a glow-cube.

la-cava-del-tequila-light-up-margarita-350x525.jpg

Don't forget the light-up ice cube...

Next, a glowing drink adds to the charm of dining in the twilight atmosphere of the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater’s simulated drive-in setting. We recommend the galactic-sized Lunar Landing mixed with Amaretto, Peach Schnapps, and Orange Juice, but there are plenty more where that came from!!

Lunar-Landing-500x333.jpg

Lunar Landing

There’s also a Marsha’s Martian on the menu: Chocolate and Vanilla Shakes mixed with Bailey’s Irish Cream and Kahlúa. And you can opt for the Space Monkey: Chocolate Shake, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, and Banana Liqueur, or the Comet: Rum, Vodka, Gin, Tequila and Sweet-and-Sour plus Cranberry Juice.

During the holidays in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the Merry Margarita (Sauza Gold Tequila, Blue Curaçao, Sweet-and-Sour, and Lime Juice) and Sleigh Ride (Myers’s Platinum Rum, Beefeater Gin, SKYY Vodka, Triple Sec, Sweet-and-Sour, and Cranberry Juice) add extra fun. Both beverages were served this past year with glowing cubes.

Merry-Margarita-at-Disneys-Hollywood-Studios-394x525.jpg

Merry Margarita at Disney's Hollywood Studios

An honorable Mention also goes out to the Magical Star Cocktail which delights the senses with a mixture of X-Fusion Organic Mango and Passion Fruit Liqueur, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, and Pineapple Juice. This drink is served at restaurants and lounges around Disney Parks and Resorts. You can see a pic of it here.

Glow Drinks…The AT-HOME VERSION!

And now… I have great news for you, ladies and gents. You don’t have to wait for vacation anymore to have a glowing drink. Thanks to DisneyStore.com, you can now get your very own at-home-version of the Glowing Mickey Mouse Ice Cubes!

Glow-Clubes.jpg

Mickey Glow Cubes

I know, right? The party ideas are already starting to come to you.

And if you’ve gone and ordered a bunch of those glowing Mickey Mouse cubes, you may want even more creative ideas.

Check out these glow-cube cupcakes offered during the holidays at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Imagine how much you can charge your friends for them at your holiday parties!

holiday-cupcakes-500x303.jpg

Holiday Ice Cube Cupcakes at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Speaking of charging, here’s a Disney Food Blog Tip: If you want a glow-cube in your drink, but you don’t want to order one of the alcoholic drinks or one of the drinks that already includes a glow-cube, no problem. Just ask your server to put a glow-cube in the drink you ordered and charge it to your bill. They run about $2+ in the restaurants, last I checked.

http://www.disneyfoo...-your-favorite/

"If you want a glow-cube in your drink, but you don’t want to order one of the alcoholic drinks or one of the drinks that already includes a glow-cube, no problem. Just ask your server to put a glow-cube in the drink you ordered and charge it to your bill. They run about $2+ in the restaurants, last I checked."

Do you get to keep the glow cube if you order it or is it just a rental?