Hornsby Hollow Campground, Ten Mile, TN

This is a great campground on the shores of Watts Bar Lake. It was originally run by TVA, but they could not keep it going, so some folks got a lifetime lease of the land and are running it as a private campground. Very nice place, great owners. All of the sites are water and electric. There are a few pullthroughs. Some of the sites have 50 Amp and 30 Amp, most have 30 Amp. I had a 30 Amp only site, and had some low power issues, but nothing serious. The bath houses are older, but clean and the plumbing has been upgraded. However, there is no heat or air in the bath houses and no internal lighting. It has a light filtering roof and there is a fairly bright street light above the bath house, but made it rather dim in there for night time use. The roads are mostly paved, with some gravel. All of the sites are gravel. Note, they DO NOT take credit cards. Cash or check only!! The price for the sites does not include tax. T-Mobile cell coverage was spotty at best, NO DATA ability. Verizon data worked only slightly better. They do have Wi-Fi in the camp store/laundry area. No big downloads or uploads allowed though. You can bring personal boats and they rent paddle boats and kayaks. I saw one golf cart in the place, but that might have been camp hosts.

http://www.hornsbyhollowcampground.com/

IMG_9170.jpg

IMG_9176.jpg

IMG_9177.jpg

IMG_9178.jpg

IMG_9208.jpg

IMG_9222.jpg

IMG_9247.jpg

IMG_9246.jpg

IMG_9270.jpg

IMG_9332.jpg

That looks nice, actually. I think I'd enjoy the serenity of no cell service for a shorter trip. I'm not so sure about the no lights in the comfort station, though...

Actually, it wasn't too bad. Like I said, the roof let light through and there was this street lamp shining in. It was actually a good design if you think about it. Buildings without heat or air tend to attract bugs especially if there are lights inside. Well, since there was no light inside, all of the bugs were generally attracted to the street lamp outside. I did take a shower in there at night and had enough light to see, but it was on the dim side.