Yogi Bear Campground - Emporia, VA

This is the worst campground I have ever stayed at.  We needed to stop overnight on our way home due to some seriously bad weather.  Every 30-40 minutes there is a freight train going past blowing the whistle constantly until they are thru a nearby intersection smiley-welcome-train.gif

Not only is it very close to the campground it might as well go thru your site.  I would advise against this place if you plan on resting.

We used this stop a few years ago and I did not think it was that bad but then I like trains, I do not remeber them being that bad but I might have been very tired. The one thing I liked was mgt stayed there till we gat there to make sure no one used our site as we had reservations.

• 3 weeks later...

Had to laugh reading that post....we stayed there too, and was not told ahead of time about the train, checked in early evening and there wasn't a train that went by until 4 AM...what a wake up call!!!  We also kept tripping the electric and couldn't use our AC, couldn't wait to leave in the morning.

• 3 weeks later...

Had to laugh reading that post....we stayed there too, and was not told ahead of time about the train, checked in early evening and there wasn't a train that went by until 4 AM...what a wake up call!!!  We also kept tripping the electric and couldn't use our AC, couldn't wait to leave in the morning.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a wonderful experience there. I was starting to think it was just me.