Water Park Crowds for July 4

So I'll be at the Fort with some Friends (who aren't Fiends) for the July 4th week. Monday - Friday. My AP expires before then and I'm not sure it's worth renewing it right now since I feel like the next trip will be October. My Water Park pass will be good, though. One of said friends already has one of those. The other will have to buy one. So, that's the backstory.

We figure there's no point in bothering much with trying to go to a park that week since the crowds will be crazy and the lines ridiculous. We can watch the fireworks from the beach with a drink and not have to camp out on an Epcot bench all day. So. Does anyone have any water park experience that week? I'm not sure we'll try it on the 4th itself since I want to see the golf cart parade and other Fort-tivities, but maybe that Tuesday and Thursday. I don't want to talk them into going, my friend paying to get in and then we can't move once we're inside. Any Fiend advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many years ago we brought our daughter and her girlfriend down during July 4th week. We went (or tried to go) to MK and BB.

NEVER, EVER AGAIN!! :blowup:

There were so many people you couldn't even turn around, much less find a spot to sit. No chairs to be found at BB and the line for drinks/food was miles long. A couple of the days they stopped admitting people into MK and BB due to overcrowding.

Do yourself a favor....unless you absolutely have to be at WDW...stay away and leave it to the other crazy people!

We did NYE this past year. It was very crowded, but I thought Disney did a great job managing the crowds. We're definitely not going to do any of the parks that week (as a test to see if I can do a longer Fort trip without the AP). I was really hoping to lounge in a lazy river, though. Oh well!

I think most people underestimate the popularity of the water parks. They are very popular.

And not just during the summer. During spring break, it was very busy.

Even now, when it's a little slow, the parking lots are about 3/4 full.

And that doesn't account for the dozens of outside buses from all over the country that drop off their groups and leave.

We went to BB this past weekend and it looked about 75% full. My DD and DH rode the ski lift to the top and it took them over an hour to make their way down a ride. I was pissed!

My advice would be to learn how to walk up the stairs...alot! Our lines weren't very long when we walked but the line management didn't seem to go very well. We did all decide that we liked TL much better though.