• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I have you beat. I have 3 scrapbooks that I have been doing since 2005 for the grandkids and only have about 5 pages in each. But that doesn't stop me from buying more scrapbook supplies - I have a whole room full.    :rofl2:

i love my cricut.  my friends here in the northwoods and i do crops a couple times during the winter.  gets us out of the house and we have a great time.  a few of the girls at the crops walk down to one of the bars and bring their drinks back.  we have a great time and if you want to get some pages done find a crop and go have some fun...

camera.gif

i love my cricut.  my friends here in the northwoods and i do crops a couple times during the winter.  gets us out of the house and we have a great time.  a few of the girls at the crops walk down to one of the bars and bring their drinks back.  we have a great time and if you want to get some pages done find a crop and go have some fun...

camera.gif

I know you have such a good time when you go. I would love to find people to go to one with, but I know it's hard to believe I am shy and wouldn't want to go to one without someone I know. Non of my friends do any crafts.

After kid #3, I think I forgot what scrapbooking was! LOL.  I have tons of supplies that I finally gave in and used for home school. 

Maybe I should take up digital scrapbooking :raspberry:

Dana you should come over and do some with me, it would help me get going. I have all the tools (way to many) and a whole room set up for crafts. I have the cricut (which I love) a gypsy which works with it. I have a cuttlebug, lamanating machine and what ever else it needed. And supplies to do 100's of albums.

After kid #3, I think I forgot what scrapbooking was! LOL.  I have tons of supplies that I finally gave in and used for home school. 

Maybe I should take up digital scrapbooking :partytwo:

Dana you should come over and do some with me, it would help me get going. I have all the tools (way to many) and a whole room set up for crafts. I have the cricut (which I love) a gypsy which works with it. I have a cuttlebug, lamanating machine and what ever else it needed. And supplies to do 100's of albums.

That would be fun!  I never started Taya's book.  We should work something out, that would be awesome!!!

I'm a scrapbooking collector!  I love to buy supplies, but rarely find the time to do any actual scrapbooking.  I have several unfinished scrapbooks and I'm only up to the day my grandson was born in his scrapbook (he's 9 months old now)!  I have an Expression, a Gypsy, 30+ cartridges, and tons of embellishments...I really need to get back to scrapbooking!!!  Can someone please inspire me to start back scrapbooking?

I also have all of the material to make my youngest daughter a quilt, but haven't cut any of it out yet.  Poor girl is freezing up in Connecticut and needs a quilt!!!  :popcorn:

You and I do the same thing I guess u could call us collectors  :popcorn:

You have materials to make a quilt. I have enought patterns and fabric to make 1,000 or more counted cross stitch pictures, which I haven't done in years. At least I still don't buy supplies for that anymore. I owned a counted cross stitch store many, many years ago. I learned how to do it in Floirida and when I moved back to New York not many people knew what I was talking about, so I opened a store and went out at night to home extension groups and gave lessons. Of course the store cost me money because everything I brought I had to have one for me.

Maybe I should take up digital scrapbooking ;)

That would be fun!  I never started Taya's book.  We should work something out, that would be awesome!!!

Soon as I finish up tax season for work (which is easy compared to DH and Son's business which I haven't started) I will get in touch and make u come over here. This way we can motivate each other.

I scrapbook!

I have an expression but don't use many cartridges because I use the SCAL software and cut my own images and fonts.

I will be scrapping this weekend and the following weekend too.  The second weekend is a girls weekend.

I am behind in my scrap, like all good scrapbookers.

I will be working on 2009 photos... they were printed a few weeks ago in anticipation of this upcoming weekends.

I also just printed a few select photos of 2010, so I could start those too (and get the free shipping since I had a few photos of 2009 that didn't get printed the first time around)

If anyone needs to learn how to use SCAL, please ask - I am willing to help you learn!

OR, if anyone is looking for an svg file, please ask,  I can make most anything if you have an image of it.

If anyone needs to learn how to use SCAL, please ask - I am willing to help you learn!

OR, if anyone is looking for an svg file, please ask,  I can make most anything if you have an image of it.

SCAL is another one of those things that I bought and still haven't used yet.  I've downloaded a few free svg files, but haven't even hooked my computer up to my Expression to try using it!  Like I said, I'm a collector! 

I almost brought Make The Cut which is like SCAL. They say it is easier to use, HA. HA. I wanted to download the logo for our business and the program says it supports all formats JPEG TIFF. So I made it a TIFF don't know how I did it, not even sure of what I am talking about!!! But I still couldn't do it. I am glad I downloaded the trial version and didn't buy it, because I almost threw my computer out the window.

I had brought Design Studio and when I had my laptop re-done the teck took it out. Then I couldn't find my CD so yesterday I called provo craft and they gave me the serial # and I was able to download it last night. But with that u still have to use the cricut cartridges.

Is SCAL easy to use? and what files can you download?:shh:

I use SCAL, and never had a need or desire to check out MTC.

But, both are similar and of course there is a learning curve for both. 

And I liked the challenge of learning the software. so for me it was fit.  :shh:

I do not do much "designing" in SCAL, but I use inkscape to design.

To design with SCAL, you would import the image, then trace it.  then the image is in scal and is a scal file.

You do the same type of thing with inkscape, but it gives me more control to create a cleaner end product.

Inkscape creates svg files.  You can import the svg files into scal.

If you find an svg file, those can be cut with MTC or SCAL.

That is the VERY basics.

The SCAL forum is VERY friendly and helpful.. they do stay on task, and there is not a lot of banter  :wiz:, but that is not why those folks are there for, but still a great forum.

And here is a great resource I have found with disney svg files.  Some are cleaner than others:

http://reddyrd5.blogspot.com/

I am having trouble understanding what it means to trace. I had saved a logo on my computer and then went to open it in MTC, but couldn't even find it in my pictures.

I just found a tutorial on Vecorizing, I think that's the word. I saw this used in MTC fourm but had no idea what it meant. I guess after looking a little more that means tracing. I am so confused but I will try looking at the tutorials (which BTW I found in the SCAL fourm) and see if I can figure any of these out. I really want one of them if I can cut our business logo out which is really simple. I also want to use it for Snarky and the font that they are using, which I don't think is on a cricut cartridge. Thanks for your help and I might need some more!!!!

I use SCAL, and never had a need or desire to check out MTC.

But, both are similar and of course there is a learning curve for both. 

And I liked the challenge of learning the software. so for me it was fit.  ???

I do not do much "designing" in SCAL, but I use inkscape to design.

To design with SCAL, you would import the image, then trace it.  then the image is in scal and is a scal file.

You do the same type of thing with inkscape, but it gives me more control to create a cleaner end product.

Inkscape creates svg files.  You can import the svg files into scal.

If you find an svg file, those can be cut with MTC or SCAL.

That is the VERY basics.

The SCAL forum is VERY friendly and helpful.. they do stay on task, and there is not a lot of banter  :rofl2:, but that is not why those folks are there for, but still a great forum.

And here is a great resource I have found with disney svg files.  Some are cleaner than others:

http://reddyrd5.blogspot.com/

Sorry another question is inkskcape a free program? that works with SCAL correct. Do I have to have it to do what I want to do??

yes inkscape is free.  I learned inkscape from playing around with a dingbat (which is a "font" but instead of letters, there are pictures for each key)  But once you get the hang if it, it will all click, and then it is the sky is the limit.  ???

Here is my standard answer when folks want to know about inkscape an want to know how to use it with scal.

I use inkscape version 0.46 because of some quirky things with the newer versions.

http://www.versiondownload.com/inkscape/0.46

I learned from this site for a full tutorial from start to finish using a bingbat. And there are A LOT of pictures, no video, 154 pictures to be exact!

So I could go at my pace, and work right along with the directions.

http://susanbluerobot.blogspot.com/2008 ... inish.html

the dingbat she uses can be found here:

http://www.dafont.com/lauries-country.font

Hope this helps

And if you want me to try out the image, please feel free to send me an email at DogCarbon at comcast dot net.

Thanks for your help I will have to try it this weekend. I think I am going to try the free trail of SCAL before I purchase anything. That might be a better option since I don't know anyone who has MTC,.\

Thanks again, I might email for your help again. When I get a change I might send you the  logo to see if it can be done.

Ah, Kim, you have the expression, I bet you could learn to use SCAL too!

The cost of SCAL is about $60, but you NEVER HAVE to buy another Cartridge again!

Any font you have on your computer you can cut.

Most any image you can cut.

You can download a trial of SCAL, and I think it is active for 10 days, and you can cut whatever, BUT it will put three cuts right across the middle of your image or font.... that is their "watermark"... so you can see it will cut your image, but the trial will make it useless.

check out this link for things cut with either SCAL or MTC: 

www.svgcuts.com

They have a lot of free svg files that cut awesomely.

They also have a great help section with lots of tutorials on there.

And of course lots of svg collections that you can purchase.

For a forum to ask questions, go to the SCAL forum, they folks are awesome.

I don't usually purchase much, but the paper crafting is what I wish I had more time to explore.