From the Disney Food Blog...

Review: Aquavit Shot in Epcot’s Norway

May 29th, 2012 by AJ.

In my all-consuming quest to try each and every drink around the World Showcase of Epcot, today we visit the Norway Pavilion for our first sip of Aquavit!

I had never tried Aquavit, but my friend was game, so we decided that today would be the day to savor this important Scandinavian spirit.

Aquavit-Bottle-379x625.jpg

Aquavit at Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe

Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe features Linie Aquavit, so named because it crosses the equator, or “Linie” (did you know the Equator had a nickname?), twice during the aging process. How, you ask? Apparently, in a hull of a ship, secured in sherry casks.

You can even track your bottle. I’m so not joking. (See, we all learn things here on the Disney Food Blog.)

Back-of-Aquavit-Bottle1-465x625.jpg

Back of Aquavit Bottle

The strong spirit, which is traditionally a grain or potato distillation, clocks in at around 80 proof, and is flavored with herbs and spices.

Some drink it as a shot, while others savor it in small, tulip-shaped glasses. At Epcot, the former is clearly the preference…thus the strange, day-glo shot glasses.

Aquavit-Shot2-418x625.jpg

Aquavit Shot

We asked one of the Norwegian cast members her opinion of Aquavit, and we were greeted with a wrinkled-up nose. I gotta tell ya, after sipping it, I’d agree with the summation.

We decided that it tasted a whole lot like cough syrup…but licorice cough syrup, which is a little better than normal I guess. Regardless, a couple of sips were enough to confirm that this probably wasn’t something I needed to do again immediately. icon_wink.gif

Have you tried Linie Aquavit at Epcot’s Norway? Is it a favorite ritual for you and yours? We’d love to hear your story in comments below!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/05/29/review-aquavit-shot-in-epcots-norway/