No, I got it right before my son was born.

so it still can't be that old.....

Congrats on the new machine. I've got a basic Singer machine. I just hack at a ripped hem every now and then. You crafty folks make me jealous!

I have four basic singer's too. Only two of them are treadles (maybe when I when the lottery a buy me prevost..), one have with but it only straight stitches, and the other has a mighty ugly name!

Congrats on the new machine. I've got a basic Singer machine. I just hack at a ripped hem every now and then. You crafty folks make me jealous!

LOL, Carol!

I have a combo sewing/embroidery machine....a Brother Innovis 4000D and I can't sew! lol Embroidery I can do with my eyes closed but ask me to sew a pattern...NOPE, nada, nothing!

It's fun! (and a PITA at the same time) I'm making shirts for our Disney trip next week.

I'm hopeful one of these days I can take a few basic sewing classes...I've love to just take a pattern and understand it and make something wonderful!

See I don't sew clothes... I quilt. I tried sewing a "easy" dress for my daughter... couldn't follow the pattern.

See I don't sew clothes... I quilt. I tried sewing a "easy" dress for my daughter... couldn't follow the pattern.

Reminds me of the time I was pregnant and decided I wanted to knit a pair of baby booties for our unborn son. I finished one ... it fit our (at the time) 4 year old daughter! Oops. I can do most anything I want to do, but I can't sing and I can't knit!

I enjoy sewing - but only things that don't have to be a certain size, or "fit" - I mostly do tote bags, purses, crafty type stuff and curtains. You know, an inch off here or there and no big deal. I also do a lot of handywork on my own clothes to make them fit "just right". I am currently making a bathroom organizer to hang in the closet area of Pop when we take our trip, so I won't spend the whole trip digging through toiletry bags.

I also tried one of those "easy" patterns to make a dress for my DD. Ummm.... no. :rofl2:

Ha! I bought an iPad case sewing pattern off Etsy..."easy pattern"....yeah...I can't even sew a rectangle without messing it up!

And I attempted crocheting earlier this year...yeah, right...my mom learned it by watching YouTube and is now making my son a Lego blanket! Couldn't get my hands to coordinate enough to work the yarn and crochet hook!

Reminds me of the time I was pregnant and decided I wanted to knit a pair of baby booties for our unborn son. I finished one ... it fit our (at the time) 4 year old daughter! Oops. I can do most anything I want to do, but I can't sing and I can't knit!

blankets and scarves... that is all i will try to knit.

I enjoy sewing - but only things that don't have to be a certain size, or "fit" - I mostly do tote bags, purses, crafty type stuff and curtains. You know, an inch off here or there and no big deal. I also do a lot of handywork on my own clothes to make them fit "just right". I am currently making a bathroom organizer to hang in the closet area of Pop when we take our trip, so I won't spend the whole trip digging through toiletry bags.

I also tried one of those "easy" patterns to make a dress for my DD. Ummm.... no. :rofl2:

I do love the small crafty things too

And I attempted crocheting earlier this year...yeah, right...my mom learned it by watching YouTube and is now making my son a Lego blanket! Couldn't get my hands to coordinate enough to work the yarn and crochet hook!

scarves and blankets....

• 3 months later...

I have a Necci royal series that I use at least five days a week and I really like its performance. I purchased in 2004 and have had no problems with it. I have made purses/bags, sew denim, made holsters with duck cloth and layers of stiffener, and I also use it to make lingerie. Very dependable machine.

I have a Necci royal series that I use at least five days a week and I really like its performance. I purchased in 2004 and have had no problems with it. I have made purses/bags, sew denim, made holsters with duck cloth and layers of stiffener, and I also use it to make lingerie. Very dependable machine.

Welcome. Sorry it took so long to answer. First saw your post while on mobile. I don't really like typing by finger much....

So far I like my Bernia. I still like using my featherweight and my treadles (when i have a house). I like to use the best machine for the job.